Chapter 27: Introduced

At 12:20 AM on a Saturday while out on a date, Jake was dumped by his then 5 month girlfriend. For the first time in ages, he, Jake Elliots, was dumped. It was such a traumatic moment for him that he still remembered the exact time, place and date of when and where it happened. All the details was still fresh in his mind. Never had he been dumped. Ever. He was always the one who would be breaking hearts, not his heart being broken.

     Jake looked at the side and crinkled his nose at the sight of his two friends making out in front of him. What a disgusting sight, he thought and then threw a pillow at his friend to interrupt them. "Get a room!" He grumbled and rolled back to the bed, burying himself in pity.

     Bitter. He was bitter. Yes, he admitted that he was but what could he do? This was the first time he has ever been humiliated that much.

     Damien got off of Amelia and threw the pillow back, scowling. "Do you not have any common courtesy?"

     Amelia rolled her eyes and sighed. "Let him be. The guy's been dumped for the first time." She said, trying to sound sympathetic although a smirk was crawling its way to her lips.

     "Can you please not remind me?" Jake yelled.

"Oh you were so excited to go to the date with her last night. You were even thinking of seriously bringing her to a hotel to do you-know-what." Sally came and egged him on, having fun of seeing him acting like a kid who just experienced his first heartbreak.

"Fuck you, Sal."

They laughed while he simply frowned and continued drowning in his misery. Sally then pulled out some clothes from his bag and threw it at him. "Hurry up and change, asshole, and stop acting like a bitch." She berated him casually, ignoring his comment.

"You seem to be really enjoying this aren't you?"

"Why of course. It's fun to see you crying." Sally rolled her eyes and replied with such sarcasm that he wasn't even sure if she was being literal or joking.

Jake roused himself up and dragged his body to the bathroom until an idea came into mind. He paused and turned directly to Sally, causing her to look at him with a weird look and lift an eye brow. He then reached for his zipper and was about to zip it down until he was brutally assaulted by numerous pillows thrown by Sally and Amelia, including a high heels from Amelia.

While they were getting ready head out, Jess and Leslie's plane had just landed and they were waiting in line for the rest to leave the plane. Jess sighed. "Kate, are you sure you're fine with this? I mean college and all..."

     "It was getting boring anyway. It'll be more fun if I'm with you guys!" Caitlyn replied cheerfully. Leslie simply smiled and shrugged at her friend's positivity.

     In Lark Creek, if you managed to get into a college, than you're considered lucky. But if for whatever reason you choose to drop out, then you're just plain stupid. That could be said for Caitlyn who was dumb but somehow still manages to pass her exams. Just a few hours earlier when they were about to leave for the airport, Caitlyn came with her luggage and just announced that she was gonna come with them. Pretty sudden, right? That was who Caitlyn was. A girl full of surprises and one you can never just guess.

     "You know, we should go to the building tonight. Just the two of us." Jess suggested, whispering to Leslie so that Caitlyn wouldn't hear.

     "Yeah?" Leslie grinned.

     "Of course. I miss seeing the city lights. Terabithia's view was great, but the city lights here's just something else." Jess explained.

     "Because of the thrill?"