Chapter 19: Truthful

As long as Jess could remember, no one had attracted him in the way that Amelia could except Sonia Tylers and Leslie. The ways that Amelia behaved with him was similar to Tylers except it was a more innocent and less slutty kind. Leslie showed the same behavior as the two but she was a lot more reserved than them.

     With the comparison between the three, Jess could sort of understand where the sexual attraction he was receiving from Amelia was coming from. The past events of the night before made him question if he was taking advantage of Amelia.

Several days after the night, Saturday night, he decided to have a long and thoughtful walk outside without having the need to constantly hear Amelia's name because Leslie kept mentioning her and trying to get him to tell her what happened. He knew what she was trying to do and it was beginning to irritate him more than he wanted it to.

"I have to tell her that I don't..." he paused and sighed as he tried to think of the right pword to use. "– that I don't like her..." he muttered under his breath and let out another heavy sigh as he walked along the paths, his breaths coming out in little puffs. It was cold during the night outside.

As he continued to walk around, he caught a glimpse of Amelia walking past, possibly heading back to the dormitory. His eyes lingered longer than he wanted it to and blue met brown for a moment. He averted her gaze when she started to walk over to him and he quickly looked down, acting as if he was looking somewhere else and hadn't seen her.

"Hi." Amelia said to him and smiled cheerily as she came over, giving a small wave.

Jess nodded in acknowledgement of her presence and showed a small warm smile. He didn't exactly know what he was going to say.

"It's always cold at night. Why are you out?"

"I wanted time for myself... to think for a while." He answered truthfully and looked up at her with a raised eye brow. "What about you?" He took note of her outing clothes. "You look as if you just came back from an event."

"I just went to a party that's all." She let out a soft laugh.

     "Oh, cool."

     Silence dawned over the two of them and it was so quiet that Jess could hear the wind blowing without even concentrating. He hadn't realized that Amelia was stepping closer to him until he felt her hand touching his bare cheek and he had flinched from the sudden contact.

     "What are you –"

     Amelia leaned in, pulling herself up and pressed her lips onto his cold lips. The warmth of hers made him feel warmer and before he knew it, he was giving in to her kisses that gave him such tease that he felt like he wanted to give back the same feelings in her kisses that she was giving him. But became of a part of his subconscious that was telling him not to, he resisted the temptation to go anymore deeper.

     Sensing him hesitate, Amelia broke the kiss and buried her face to the crook of his neck, wrapping her arms around his neck. She breathed shakily and her voice was raspy. "Jess, kiss me." She instructed him and somehow something triggered in Jess and he did what he was told.

He gazed into her eyes and the next second he was kissing her furiously just like she wanted him to. Wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her face with his other hand, he pulled her closer and deepened the kiss.

After a couple of minutes, Amelia broke the kiss, pulling her face away from Jess at a distance where she could gaze into his eyes. Their breaths were shaky, both faces flushed and minds filled with satisfaction. She looked into his eyes and found something wild that she had never seen in him before, something that made her think that perhaps she had pushed him too much after feeling a cold touch beneath her shirt that was dangerously going up.