Chapter 4

I bolted up right my breath heavy. I sighed exasperated, realising it was a dream.

Where did that come from? Obviously I knew why Harry was in it, but why like that? Harry would never do anything to me like that.

I felt tears well up in my eyes as I thought about how much what happened was going to affect me. I didn't want it to. I wanted to pretend like it didn't happen. But of course that wasn't how it was going to be.

You couldn't not be affected by something like that. It will stick with you forever, always in the back of your mind. It will always haunt you. For the rest of your life.

Without checking the time, I hastily grabbed my phone and wiped my eyes. I called Harry's number which I had gotten last night. It rang a few times before Harry picked up.

"Hello?" He said groggily, sounding irritated. I pulled the phone from my ear and saw it was 4 am. I felt bad but I couldn't help the sob that came from the back of my throat.

"Hello? Isabella? Are you okay?" He asked more awake and concerned now.

"C-Could you come p-pick me u-up?" I choked out. I didn't want to be in my house. It was too close to the alleyway where it all happened.

"Isabella what happened?" He asked, but I could hear some movement through the phone. And I hoped it was him getting up to come pick me up.

"J-just p-please c-come," I said, more out of breath.

I hung up and stood up, my hands shaking as I put warm sweats and my Uggs on. I walked out of my room and to the kitchen where I wrote that I was going to Harry's for my dad.

I grabbed my school bag, stuffing clothes in and grabbed my brothers oversized sweater he never wears from the coat rack. I slipped it on and walked outside. I locked the door behind me just as Harry pulled up. These things were difficult to do as I couldn't see through my tears or use my overly shaking hands.

I climbed into Harry's car and scooted all the way over to him.

"Isabella," he said smushing me against him with his arms, "what's the matter?" He asked softly.

I just quietly sobbed into his shoulder and gripped his shirt.

"I'm afraid," I whispered, "I wanted to feel safe..." I trailed off. I scooted closer to him if it was possible, hoping he got what I meant.

"I'll always keep you safe," he whispered, kissing my forehead. I was able to calm my breathing slightly at the gesture. I kissed his covered shoulder and then rested my head on it. Completely exhausted.

When we got to Harry's, I reluctantly pulled away from him and grabbed my bag.

"We have to be quiet, my mums sleeping," He said. I nodded and followed him inside. He grabbed my hand, interlacing our fingers and lead me to his room.

I had managed to stop crying but my hands we're still slightly shaky. When we got to his room I set my bag down and crawled into his bed as if it was my own. I turned to Harry about to tell him to lay with me when I saw him changing. My breath caught in my throat at how his back muscles flexed as he moved. He was simply beautiful.

Harry tore off his pants before coming to join me in his bed. I gulped, suddenly nervous about the half naked boy in the bed with me. I was glad it was dark and he couldn't tell I was blushing.

I scooted closer to him, putting my leg in between his and he put his arm under my head and his other over my waist. I set my hand on his naked chest and felt him shiver under my cold hand. He kissed my forehead and I sighed happily.

I felt safe, like nothing could hurt me. And I knew with Harry nothing would hurt me. I knew he would always keep me safe like he said. I trusted him even though I've only known him for a day.

Is that all it had been? A day? It seemed like so much longer than that. But I was ready to have the day behind me. And hopefully I wouldn't remember it with Harry beside me.

Before I knew it, I was in a deep peaceful sleep.

----------------------------------------------

I woke up by my alarm on my phone and quickly shut it off not wanting to wake Harry quite yet. I sighed happily when I realised Harry and I were in a different position, but just as close as we were when we went to bed. I now had my leg thrown over him, my head on his chest along with my hand. Harry had a good grip on my hip and the other connected to my hand on his chest.

I smiled, carefully and slowly getting up sure as to be careful and not wake him. I headed to his bathroom. I made sure to lock the door behind me before turning the shower on and stripping myself of my clothing. I jumped in the shower and revelled in the hot water.

I thought about how last night was the best sleep I had since the accident. I felt safe and warm and I didn't feel lonely. Harry made everything vanish as if it were never there. The grief and depression, the fear.

What puzzled me the most was how quickly we just clicked. As if we had known each other forever. He saved me and I practically jumped into his arms. But what about the feelings I got? Don't those feelings develop? You can't just get them with someone the first time you meet. Can you?

I shook my head and stepped out of the shower. I wrapped one of his, thankfully large, towels around me and walked out of the bathroom. I walked over to Harry, figuring I'd wake him up now so he could shower.

I shook his shoulder lightly, "Harry, wake up," I said. He groaned and swatted my hand away. I chuckled and shook him again.

"Harry, get up," I said. He groaned as his eyes fluttered open. He smiled when he saw me but the smile slipped off his face when his eyes took the rest of me in. I blushed as I realised he could partially see down my towel and quickly stood up.

"You should get ready for school," I mumbled before walking to my bag. Harry stood up smirking and walked over to me. My heart started to beat faster as he got closer. He stood in front of me with an innocent smile on his face letting me know he was up to something.

I jumped when his fingertips came in contact with my naked mid thigh. I wanted to move his hand but at the same time I didn't. Harry slowly lifted his hand higher and under the towel. I whimpered and let my hand clamp onto his bicep. He took that as a good sign and brought my hips to his. I blushed upon feeling his morning wood but didn't move.

Harry smirked at me and leant his head down. My eyes were trained on his perfectly pink lips that we're coming closer to mine by the second. But at the last second he moved his face to the side and kissed my cheek. He winked at me before walking into the bathroom.

I took a deep breath in need of the air and felt a deep blush come over my cheeks. Was I really about to kiss Harry? Did I want to kiss him? I already knew the answer to that, which was yes. Harry already meant a lot to me and is absolutely handsome. Any girl in their right mind would want to kiss him.

I quickly started putting my clothes on but didn't do it fast enough. Harry caught me shaking into my jeans, shirtless. I froze when he walked out and we made eye contact. His eyes slowly drifted down my body and my eyes did the same to him. His hair was wet and framing his face. He had drops of water dripping down his chest, which I noticed was very toned with abs and a prominent v-line.

I snapped out of my trance and quickly wiggled into my pants the rest of the way. I threw on my beige over sized shirt quickly after. I stood there, blushing and embarrassed, playing with my fingers. Harry had a look in his eyes I couldn't quite understand. He was pulling a poker face making reading him difficult.

"I'll be waiting downstairs," I whispered. I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs quickly. I went to the bathroom down there and quickly applied minimal make up and blow dried my hair. I ventured into the kitchen, which I had to find. I stopped short when I noticed a petite woman sitting at the table drinking coffee. She looked up, jumping slightly in surprise to see a stranger in her home.

I nervously began to talk, "I-I'm sorry, I'm a-a f-friend of Harry's. I d-didn't mean to intrude, i-it won't happen again," I stuttered, playing with my fingers.

She smiled, "Oh that's quite alright dear, any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine, I'm Anne, Harry's mother," she said politely.

"It's nice to meet you Anne, I'm Isabella," I said, breathing a sigh of relief.

"Are you hungry dear?" She asked standing up. My stomach growled loudly and I smiled sheepishly.

"It's okay, Anne. I can eat at school," I said politely.

"Nonsense," she said reaching into a pantry and pulling out a plastic container, "have a muffin, you aren't allergic to blueberry are you?" She asked. I shook my head no and grabbed a muffin thanking her and sitting down with her. We talked and laughed a bit, a couple minutes later Harry came down.

"Hey mum," he said kissing her on the cheek. He took the rest of my muffin, earning a light slap from his mum.

"We should go," he chuckled. I nodded and said goodbye to Anne, following Harry outside. We got into his truck and I shivered from the cold. We rode in silence though I was holding Harry's massive hand.

We arrived to the school and climbed out. Harry stood close but made no move to grab me or anything which I was sad about. A couple guys standing by their car wolf whistled at me and I blushed.

"Come here, baby!" One of them called. Suddenly I was slammed into Harry's side by him pushing me into him, holding me tightly around the waist with his arm. He was glaring at the guys, looking like he was about to murder them.

I rested my hand on his chest, "Calm down Harry, they didn't do anything," I said. He looked at me his nose flaring.

"Stay away from every guy unless I'm with you, okay... Please?" He added at the end when he saw my face. I understood his concern after everything that's happened but I could also tell he was jealous and being possessive. I nodded and he smiled in thanks.

We got inside and it seemed like everyone stared. I knew what they were thinking. 'Harry Styles with a girl?!' It wasn't seen very often. Harry stayed to himself except for with his friends. Unless he was fighting or drug dealing. I wasn't positive he drug dealed but I had heard it once, so it might be true.

He walked me to my class and stood outside the door with me.

"If anyone causes you any trouble, let me know immediately, okay?" He said. I smiled and nodded. He kissed my forehead before turning to leave.

I walked into class and sat down by myself in the front. I could feel the stares burning holes in my back but ignored them. When the bell rang and I was making my way to my next class, Rachel, an old friend of Blake and I's, stopped me.

"Hey girl! I've missed you! Sorry about the other day, we were just all depressed you know? But anyway, you're friends with Harry styles now?" She asked, giving me the fakest smile ever. I know what she wanted, to open her legs for him. It was no rumour Harry wasn't a virgin, but he didn't go fucking with just any girls. And though I used to be friends with Rachel, she was and still is a whore. She's even admitted to it.

"No, Harry and I are dating," I said, giving her a look that let her know I could see right through her.

Her face hardened and became angry as she spoke, "Now listen here bitch, you're a no good slut, and it's all your damn fault Blake died, that shou-" she was cut off by my favorite British accent.

"What's going on here?" Harry asked, and by the look on his face I knew he had heard everything she said. He looked like he wanted to cut her head off and feed it to wolves.

"Harry it's okay let's go," I begged slightly.

"No, Isabella," he said, wrapping an arm around me to keep me in place.

"If you ever, talk to her like that again, you'll be sorry," he said angrily. Rachel looked like she was about to shit her pants. She nodded and quickly walked off.

I sighed turning into Harry, and resting my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me tightly and I melted into him.

"Thank you," I said quietly.

"Of course," Harry said, leading me towards the cafeteria. We got in line and Harry got me a sandwich.

"I could have payed for that," I mumbled as he lead us towards his table. He just chuckled and took a seat next to Louis, his best friend. I took the seat between him and his other friend Zayn.

Honestly I felt intimidated. They both looked scary, and they were just as bad as Harry. Harry talked with them and I say quietly, picking at my lunch. I wasn't really that hungry.

"Eat it, Isabella," Harry said, more commanding than his usual soft self.

I ignored him and continued to just sit there. If we was going to have an attitude so would I.

"I didn't pay for that for nothing," he said harshly. What the hell was going on? Why was he acting like this?

"You didn't have to fucking pay for it!" I snapped. His eyes widened in shock while I stood up. I was about to walk away when he snatched my arm.

"You do not, walk away from me," he said slowly. By now I already knew anybody near was watching. But it didn't bother me.

I got up right in his face and told him slowly, "Watch me," before walking away. I threw the food away and left to the girls bathroom. I made sure no one was in there before sliding down the wall and began crying.

I wasn't crying over what happened, I was crying over what Rachel had said. Though she didn't get to finish, I knew what she was going to say. That it should've been me.

I agreed.

It was all my fault he died. If I just hadn't texted him, he wouldn't have gotten distracted. I deserved to be in his place. He was loved and admired by more people. Less people would miss me, I wasn't as important. I wished I could go back and be in his place. But everyone knows that's impossible.

I heard the click of heals and groaned annoyed. The only girl dumb enough to wear heals to school was Rachel. Her feet stopped right in front of me and I chose to ignore her.

"You know," she said walking over to the mirror, "you're pathetic. Maybe that's why Harry doesn't want you anymore. Besides, he could do so much better. You're ugly, and you kill people for no reason," she said.

I stood up and pushed her into the wall, causing her eyes to widen.

"I didn't kill him on purpose!" I screamed, pushing her again, out of the door.

"Sure you did, we all know you hated Blake and wanted him dead," she pushed. Ouch.

"And we all know you wanted to open your legs for him, but he didn't want your skanky ass, did he?" I said, recalling all the times she tried to 'subtly' hit on him. I got exactly what I wanted, she slapped me.

I threw a punch to her face sending her stumbling back and into the lockers. She tried to throw a punch but I easily caught her wrist. I turned her around and slammed her into the lockers.

All of a sudden I was tugged from my hair and dropped to the floor. I caught site of blonde hair and knew it was Mindy. Rachel jumped on me and started to claw at my face. But I easily flipped us over and started throwing punches. Punch after punch I kept going, letting all my anger out on her and her beautiful face.

By now we had caused enough noise to the point where we had a crowd. They rooted us on and such but I wasn't really paying attention to them.

I felt my waist being tugged on, and then I was pulled back. I screamed and kicked against the person as they pulled me outside. I was lightly set in an unfamiliar car and that's when I calmed down. The drivers door opened and Zayn stepped in.

"Are you okay?" He asked sincerely. He poked one of my scratches softly and I winced, she got me good. He sighed.

"I'm going to take you to Harry's, he ran off after you did and I'm sure that's where he is," Zayn said. I just nodded and brought my legs to my chest.

Did I really just beat someone up? I had never done that before. I began to feel the pain in my knuckles as I thought about it more, but she deserved it.

"You can't listen to what she says. She's dealing with her own grief and this is unfortunately how she's doing it. But I promise it'll end soon, you just have to let her cool down," He said, and I new he was right. Blake dying took a toll on all of us and he was second close to Rachel. So I know his death was causing some of her attitude and such.

But what she said still hurt. I slid over to Zayn, and snuggled into his side, desperately needing the comfort.

"Is Harry angry with me?" I whispered.

"Harry was in a bad mood because he got an F on his math test in first period. I know Harry doesn't seem like it, but he's a smart kid who cares about his grades, and he's never gotten one that bad," Zayn explained, "and math isn't his strongest subject either."

"He's trying to turn himself around for his mum."

"Oh," I said. Now I felt bad for how I had acted. I'd have to apologize. We pulled up to Harry's and sure enough his car was in the driveway.

Zayn helped me out of the car and wrapped his arm around my waist while we walked to the door. My hands were shaking in pain now, and I was biting my lip hard.

Zayn knocked on the door and we heard heavy footsteps before Harry opened the door. I hung my head in shame, not wanting to see Harry's face.

"She got into a fight, it was bad mate," Zayn said, "For Rachel anyway," he added at the end.

"Thanks mate, I got her," Harry's deep voice said.

"Is it okay if I stay a bit?" Zayn asked as Harry reached for my hand. I gasped in pain and ripped my hand from his.

I looked at my hands for the first time and gasped. They were bloody and beaten up, shaking like crazy. Harry sighed, and picked me up all of a sudden.

"Sure mate," Harry said, moving to the side so he could walk in, "Call Louis too."

Harry took me to the kitchen where he set me down. I still refused to look in his eyes though. He turned the faucet on and I cringed thinking about the pain. It stung like crazy when he put my hands underneath the cold water and I yelped.

"Want to tell me what happened?" He asked quietly, wrapping gauze around my knuckles.

"Later," I whispered and walked into the living room where Zayn was, and now Louis.

Louis jumped up when he saw me, "There's our little hulk! You got some fire in you girl!" He said, laughing.

I chuckled, his laugh was definitely one of my favorites. It was just contagious and loud.

"She pissed me off," I said, "And I wasn't in the mood," I finished. Arms wrapped around my waist from behind and I melted into Harry's chest.

"Are you guys hungry?" I asked. "I could make some food," I offered. They kindly declined and I excused myself to change. I knew Harry was following me but I didn't acknowledge it.

We walked into his room and he closed the door behind us. I turned around to face him and set my hands on his chest.

"I told you if anyone was giving you trouble, to get me," Harry said softly, kissing my forehead.

I sighed, "I handled it."

"You hurt yourself," He countered back.

"I'm fine, Harry," I whispered, standing on my tip toes and kissed the corner of his mouth. He took a deep breath and I smiled.

"I need to change," I said, pushing him lightly towards the door. He left without question and I quickly changed. I needed to get home, my father was probably going crazy.

I packed all my stuff and jogged downstairs.

"I need to go home," I said. Harry nodded and stood up, the other guys had left already.

When I got home and walked inside with Harry, my dad didn't waste a second in pulling me into a hug.

"Don't ever do that again! Do you understand how worried I was? You could have called in the morning or something!" He said exasperated.

"And what're you doing home from school?" He asked.

I played with my fingers, bringing attention to my gauzed hands.

"Explain," My father said.

"I got into a fight with this girl because she said that I wanted to kill Blake and that it should've been me and Harry didn't want me because I was pathetic and I said she was a skank so she slapped me so really I was just defending myself," I said all in one big breath.

"Oh, Isabella, what am I going to do with you?" My father asked.

"I'm sorry dad," I whispered.

"It's fine, I'll let you off this once, but if it happens again, no Harry for two weeks," My dad said before walking off.

I cocked my eyebrow at his punishment but was otherwise actually determined to not let that happen.

I turned to Harry who was frowning. I sighed, running my hands down my face.

"Harry I-" I began to speak but he cut me off.

"No Isabella, you shouldn't have listened to anything she said. You should've known none of it was true," He said with all seriousness, staring me dead in the eye.

"I couldn't just let her keep talking! It was getting to me! I know I shouldn't have let it, but I couldn't! And I thought you were mad at me so I was upset!" I screamed at him. I took deep breaths trying to calm down as he just stared at me.

"I haven't recovered Harry, I haven't."

----------------------------------------------

I know this chapter sucks and I'm sorry but please keep reading! I promise it'll get better! (:

comment vote & follow!(:

Alicia x