Chapter 14

"What do you mean, he got away?" I practically snarled. I tried to sit up but let out a yelp of pain and laid back down. I glared at Harry who stood up to help. I knew it wasn't his fault that Zach got away, but I couldn't help but be so incredibly angry at the news. Zach was out there, his whereabouts unknown to anyone. He could come back while I'm asleep and take me then. 

"He jumped out the window and made a run for it. The police followed him on foot until he got into a car and drove away. Then the police chased him by car out of the border. He's in a different state. They're going to be keeping a close eye on people who pass through and things. You don't have to worry anymore, he won't get to you again, I won't let him," Harry said, taking my hand in his. I took a deep breath, somewhat happy with his words. But I knew where this was leading, and I knew I was about to get an earful. 

"Isabella," Harry said, more serious now. I didn't meet his gaze and played with my fingers instead. Harry reached out and grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at him. I struggled in his grip for a second before giving up. 

"Why the fuck did you come when he told you to?" Harry asked angrily. 

"He was going to kill you," I whispered.

"He was going to kill you!" Harry shouted, standing up and letting go of me. I looked down, knowing quite well he was probably going to.

"You knew that and you still went?" Harry said, absolutely bewildered.

"You would have done the same!" I shouted, knowing it was true. He was about to speak when I cut him off.

"And don't even say it's different, because you know damn well it's not. I love you, Harry, and I'm willing to risk my life if it means saving yours," I whispered. Harry only stared down at me for a moment. It was true though, I would. Harry meant everything to me and I don't know what I would do if he died. All of a sudden Harry's lips were on mine, moving forcefully. I whimpered, tugging him closer. He was always doing this, angry one second and affectionate the next. Not that I was complaining. 

He broke away, breathing heavily, "Just don't ever do it again," He whispered, tracing my cheek with his finger. 

"No promises," I joked, but he only glared. "Okay, okay, I won't..." I said. 'Maybe' I thought. 

The rooms door burst open and a very familiar blonde walked in. I glared at him, still slightly angry at him. But at the same time I knew I couldn't blame him. And if he was here, knowing Niall, he was here to apologies until it got annoying. I was happy he cared. I couldn't even imagine what he had gone through. Knowing he had to do something he didn't want to but if he didn't his family would get hurt in some way. 

All of a sudden Harry was charging at him before I reached out and grabbed his arm at the last second. He turned to me and gave me a questioning look. I gave him a look that told him to knock it off. I ignored whatever his response would be and looked back at Niall. The poor boy looked frightened by Harry, shooting me a thank you look when I stopped him.

"What do you want?" Harry spat rudely.

"I want to apologize," Niall said honestly.

"We don't want your apologies," Harry said, "You can leave," He added before turning towards me.

"You can leave, if you're going to be like that," I snapped at Harry. I didn't like the way he was treating Niall at all. Harry had never really liked Niall before, but now he was just being ridiculous. 

"Are you serious? Do you know what he did?" He shouted out, obviously outraged. 

"Yes I do, he was protecting his family you asshole. What he did wasn't good, but he couldn't do anything else! I know for a fact if I was in his place, I would have done it too. And I know for a fact that if it was Anne, you would have too. And it's not like we died, we made it out fine," I shouted right back at him.