Chapter 8

"Have you told your dad?" Harry asked softly. We were currently cuddling on my bed. He had taken off his shirt, so I was laying my head on his bare chest. I was running my finger up and down his torso while he played with my hair. Our legs were tangled together under the blanket and he had an arm wrapped around me tightly.

I sighed, "No, I haven't," I whispered.

"I think that's best," He said, his breath fanning over the side of my ear. I hummed in agreement and turned my head slightly so I could kiss his chest. The action made him pull me closer and I smiled. He lifted my chin up with his fingers and bent his head, connecting our lips. The kiss was slow and passionate, it wasn't anything like our other kisses, there was something about it that made my heart beat quickly.

Harry pulled away at the sound of his phone, he groaned and picked it up, quickly answering.

"Hello mum," He said. I couldn't hear her over the phone but I presumed she was asking where he went last night. My thoughts were confirmed when he lied and told her he had stayed at mine, which I guess wasn't an exact lie but a lie nonetheless. He apologised about forgeting to tell her and then they hung up.

I pushed myself up into a sitting position so I could see his face clearly. I brought my finger to his still slightly swollen lip. I smiled when he kissed my finger lightly. I knew he was mad about what I did, but I knew he was glad I showed up as well, whether he admitted it or not.

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked, leaning forward and nuzzling my head into his neck.

"Never better," Harry whispered, putting his hand on my hip. I blushed into his neck and smiled, kissing the part of his body before pulling back.

I bit my lip in thought. I had been pondering over whether to ask him or not about what happened last night. I didn't want to make him mad if he didn't want to tell me. But I think I deserved to know? I also wanted to ask him about the drugs. But I knew that'd be too much for him at one time. It was one or the other.

"Why was he doing that to you?" I blurted suddenly. He sighed, closing his eyes and setting his head back. He obviously was hoping I wasn't going to ask. But how could he expect me not to? I found a guy I care a lot about getting beat up in an alleyway. I'm going to want to know why.

"I owed him some money that I couldn't give, okay? Can you let this go please?" He said, rubbing his face with his hands.

"No, Harry. I can't just let this go. You were getting beaten. What if that was me? You know you would be the exact some way. Would you let it go?" I snapped, pushing myself up and off the bed.

"That's differen-," He started but I cut him off.

"The hell it is Harry! Am I not aloud to care for you as much you care for me? Am I not aloud to like you as much as you like me? Yes I am, so I am aloud to be the exact same fucking way you would be," I yelled, pulling at my hair. Harry sat there speechless, looking at me surprised. I may have been taking this way out of proportion but I didn't care. I was angry and sad.

"Do you know how god damn scared I was? To see you there passed out, for all I knew you could have been dead or in a coma! And then what would I have done? I can't lose you Harry. I don't care if I've only known you for so long or that you do things you shouldn't, I can't bring myself to like you anyless. And if you were to be taken from me just like Blake was I," I paused catching my breath, "I wouldn't know what to do. You've fixed me Harry, healed me. You're my rock, the only thing keeping me stable. If I lost you, I'd, I'd," I couldn't find the words but I knew what I would do.

"I wouldn't be able to live in a world where you didn't exist," I said softly, just loud enough for him to hear.

Harry jumped from the bed and took me in his arms. I fell into his chest and cried quietly. I think he understood now, that it wasn't just what happened but what could have happened. How I wouldn't be able to lose anyone else.

Harry grabbed my chin and made me look at him. He wiped the tears from my eyes and bent his head. He kissed me softly, grabbing my hips and pulling me into him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and grabbed his hair, tugging at it. I kissed back harshly, needily. I pushed him back slowly, making him fall on the bed with me on top of him. I stradled him and continued to kiss him, it becoming more heated.

I eventually broke away for air and he trailed his kisses down my neck. He came back and kissed me one last time on the lips before pulling back so he could see me. His breath just as heavy as mine.

"You'll never lose me, I promise," He whispered. I nodded and burried my head into his neck as we just lay there.

Together.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry was in the bathroom while I stood by the TV, manually changing the channels because I couldn't find the remote. I was too lazy to look for it. My phone dinged indicating I had gotten a text message. I looked at it, noticing it was a number I didn't know.

The text read 'I see you.' My breath caught in my throat and whipped around towards my window. The curtains were open but the windows were shut. I quickly shut the curtains and leaned against the wall.

My phone began to ring and I already knew it was the unknown number. Despite my fear I decided to answer it.

"Hello?" I said slowly.

There was a pause, "Did I scare you?" A familiar Irish accent chuckled through the phone. I sighed of relief and laughed lightly with him.

"Niall, you Irish bastard. Yes you scared me," I said through the phone. Just then Harry walked in, his pants in his hands. I admired his legs while Niall talked.

"I'm sorry, I got your number from your brother when I went to go visit you at the hospital," He explained, "I just wanted to see how you were doing?" He asked with care. I smiled at his thoughtfulness.

I walked over to Harry who was looking at me with question. I crawled onto his lap and began tracing his tattoos.

"Yeah, I'm doing a lot better, thank you for asking and visiting me at the hospital, it means a lot," I said, only making Harry more confused.

"That's good, that's good. I was wondering if maybe you wanted to hang out sometime?" He said, a hint of hopefulness in his voice.

"Hang out?" I asked. Harry nudged me and I looked up at him. 'Speaker' he mouthed and I nodded putting it on speaker.

"Yeah, like go bowling or something," He said. Bowling actually sounded pretty fun. It's been a while since I actually went out and did something. And considering everything that's been going on, it sounded like a damn good idea.

"Could Harry come?" I asked, leaning forward and kissing the boys lips.

"Oh uh, Harry? Um... Yeah sure, I guess he can come," Niall said, slowly and slightly disappointed I'd asked. Harry raised an eyebrow at that. I knew they didn't exactly like each other after their first meeting, but now maybe they could make amends.

"Okay well, I'll talk to you later about the details, but I'm going to go, bye Ni," I said happily. Making sure he knew I appreciated the fact he said yes.

"Bye beautiful," He said, making me blush slightly. Harry's nostrils flared and he reached for the phone. Before he could get to it I quickly ended the call.

"Would you calm down?" I said, setting my forehead on his.

"He was flirting with you!" Harry said, obviously upset.

"And I don't care. It doesn't give me butterflies or make me blush as hard like when you call me beautiful. You're the only one that matters," I said, pecking his lips. He looked satisfied and smiled at me.

"What do you say we just spend the day inside? Take a break from all the mayhem that's been going on," he suggested. I smiled happily at the idea.

"That sounds perfect," I whispered, and cuddled into him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We just finished watching the fifth movie we picked out. We weren't really watching them though. We were doing stupid things like throwing popcorn in each other's mouths and having tickle fights and stupid things like that.

It was the best day I'd had in a while and I thought I really deserved it. And to spend it with Harry made it all that much better.

Jake joined us at one point. But left soon after, saying there was to much 'lovey dovey' stuff going on. Whatever that means. Harry also decided he'd stay another night. And I wasn't complaining.

Harry went downstairs to use the bathroom and take the stuff to the kitchen. While he was gone I decided to change. I stripped myself of my clothing and looked at myself in the mirror. You could tell I hadn't eaten much for a certain period of time, but you could also tell I was gaining the weight back.

My phone dinged and I walked over picking it up. The number that had texted me said blocked, making me furrow my eyebrows. I opened the message and gasped slightly, fear consuming me.

'Thats a great body you have, sexy. If only I had managed to take you in the alleyway, I could be having my way with you right now.

-Z xx'

The text made my skin crawl and I dropped the phone on my bed. I turned to the window and noticed the curtains had been opened. I looked out the window just in time to see a sleek black convertible driving down my street.

By now I was breathing heavily. How the hell did he know where I lived? How did he get my number? He had to be a man of power, you can't just find these things. He saw me naked practically. I felt so violated. I shut the curtains just as Harry walked in the room.

"Whoa," he breathed, taking my body in. I blushed and quickly scrambled for the robe on my closet door. After that I quickly went to my phone and showed it to Harry.

I watched his face as he read the message. His face becoming substantially angrier as he read it over and over.

"He saw you?" He asked slowly. I nodded.

"I saw him out my window, driving away," I whispered. Harry's nostrils flared as he turned and punched my wall in anger. I jumped from the sudden noise. I grabbed his shoulder and made him look at me.

"I'm scared, Harry," I whispered. How could I not be? He knew, where, I, lived. What if he came while I was sleeping? I would be vulnerable and defenceless.

Harry's eyes softened and he brought me into him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and breathed deeply. I couldn't catch a break could I? Bad thing after bad thing kept happening to me and I wanted to know why. What did I ever do to deserve all of this?

"What're we going to do?" I asked.

Harry didn't say anything for a little while. He just stood there and held me. And despite my fear and everything that's happened, I felt safe. And as long as Harry was with me, I wouldn't be hurt. He sighed, picking me up and carrying us to the bed. It was late now.

Harry untied my robe and slowly pushed it off my shoulders. I blushed and crawled under the blankets quickly, making him chuckle. He turned the light off and crawled in next to me. He pulled me close, letting his hands explore my exposed skin, nothing too intimate though.

As I was drifting off, just before I fell asleep I heard Harry whisper, "I'd do anything to keep you safe."

Those words alone sent me to sleep with a smile on my face.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, I started to think more about what Harry said. He said he'd do anything. I couldn't help but think there were certain things I didn't want him to do. I sat up, now wearing clothes, and looked at Harry. It was morning now and he was just scrolling through his phone.

"Harry," I said, getting his attention.

"Yeah baby?" He asked, setting his phone down and grabbing my hand.

"I heard when you said you'd do anything to protect me last night. That's incredibly sweet Harry and I really appreciate it but I need you to promise me something," I started off softly. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Of course, anything," he whispered.

"I want you to promise that you won't leave me to keep me safe. Promise me no matter what he says if he ever tries to make a deal or something where you have to leave... promise me you won't do it," I whispered. He pursed his lips and looked down at our hands.

I tilted his chin up with my finger, "If you leave Harry, he could go back on his word and hurt me. What then? But even if he didn't, you can't leave me okay? It'll be pointless, I'll give up. I'll go to him, I'd do anything to get you back. So don't waste your time, please. Promise me you won't do it no matter what he says," I whispered, wrapping my hand around the back of his neck and bringing his forehead to mine.

He looked at me, taking my expression and everything in. Eventually he nodded, a determined look in his eyes.

"Say it," I said.

He paused, "I promise I won't leave you," he whispered. I smiled and smashed my lips to his.

That's all I wanted to hear.