Chapter 3

Jake

I woke up in jess's bedroom, with the sound of Quil and embry's loud snoring coming from the next room. Jess was sleeping silently beside me. She looked so peaceful and so beautiful. Her hair was in her face. I tucked the stray strands of her hair behind her ear and then watched as her eyelids fluttered open. She looked at me strangely. Then I remembered I was staring at her, which is not really what a best friend who is trying to hide the fact the he is in love with someone does.

"sor-ry" I stuttered as I looked away. I heard her chuckle as her delicate hand touched my shoulder.

"it's fine, you hungry?" she asked as she sat up and took a band from her wrist and put her hair into a messy ponytail.

" yeah a little" I smiled.

"your always hungry" she laughed as she walked out of the door. I ran a hand through my short hair and looked into the mirror on jess's desk. I looked at my reflection, would she feel the same way I did? I hope so. I got up off the bed and walked into the kitchen to the smell of cooking bacon. Jess was at the cooker flipping strip of sizzling bacon every couple of minutes. She looked beautiful even in her pjamas with rabbits on. I went up behind her and whispered in her ear.

" bacon my favourite" she chuckled and turned to face me.

"I know, just call me amazing" i laughed and she just winked in return.

" better go wake the beasts " I laughed and walked through to the living room where Quil and Embry were snoring loudly. They were streched out on the two large sofas. I pushed them both of the sofas and laughed when they groaned as they pushed them selves up off the floor.

"Dude was that really necessary!" Quil groaned

"yeah seriously!" Embry joined in. I just laughed at there irritated faces.

" do you want breakfast or not?" I laughed.

"uh yeah" Quil shouted in a 'Duh' tone. Embry looked at me strangly a look of confusion.

"where did you sleep last night?" he asked raising his eyebrows at me.

"jess's room" I said puzzled. Quil chuckled

" were you getting it on " Quil teased and Embry winked as they both laughed.

"no" I glared at them.

"don't say it like you didnt want it happen" Quil winked. Embry roared with laughter. I just walked out the room with still laughing. I walked back into the kitchen to see jess putting plates out on the table and finishing off the bacon and eggs. There was fried bread already cooked on one plate. Sausages were on another. It looked she was feeding the whole reservation with the amount of she had. She knew we ate well. She looked up at me and smiled the beautiful smile.

" do you need any help? " I asked looking around the kitchen.

"yeah, could you get the the knife and forks please" she asked flashing me that smile again. I went to the draw and took some out and laid them on the table. I went to the fridge and took out of the Orange juice and set it on the table. I watched jess while she cooked. She ran her hand through her beautiful long hair as it kept falling in her face. She had her glasses on but she usually wore contacts. To be totally honest I always thought she looked better in her glasses they suited her. Made her gorgeous blue eyes stand out. She put the bacon and eggs on two separate plates and put them on the table as well. She looked at me and looked confused.

"why are you staring at me?" she asked. I looked away embarrassed.

"sorry, I uh do-on't kno-ow " I stuttered. She just laughed, she sat down at the table and put food onto her plate, it had about a quarter of the food I loaded on to my plate. Quil and Embry came in and loaded there plates up as well. She laughed as we stuffed are faces.

"so jess did Jake do a good job of keeping you company last night?" Quil winked while the both laughed like iddiots. She just blushed it was so cute. I slapped Quil across the head. Then I looked up at her and she gave me a smile. I mouthed 'ignore them at her' and winked.

" so what are we doing today?" jess asked changing the subject obviously feeling awkward.

" going to sam's" Embry said with his mouth full. I glared at him and he mouthed ' what?'

"Sam uley ?" she asked looking angry and confused.

"yeah we're friends now, he's a nice guy " I replied with a smile putting my hand on hers " really" she calmed down slightly and gave me a forced smile.

" your love Emily jess , she's great" Quil smiled " but don't stare, Sam doesn't like it" stuffing more food in his mouth.

" why would I stare and who's Emily?" jess asked. She got that confused look again.

"Emily is Sam's girl friend " I replied cautiously . I knew she didn't know about the whole Sam and Leah thing. She wasn't going to like it. When I tell her about everything she will get, understand. I have to pick the right moment though and this is not it. I looked at her she looked really worries which I didnt understand.

" What about Leah? Is she okay? What happened ?"

" They broke up, leah is okay, I guess, she will be there later you can talk to her yourself" I smiled.

" Okay? She's a pain in the arse!" Embry grumbled. That boy could not keep his mouth shut.