Chapter 9

I could here the crowd inside of the Buzz as I stood here and let the breeze hit my face. My nervousness from knowing that the guys were going to be watching me, was replaced by excitement for the fight. The guys were already here, waiting on me, so I grabbed my bag. I already had on my grey sports bra and my workout tights.

As I walked inside, I felt stares, but I ignored them and walked up to the guys. They were all sitting around a table clearly excited about the fight. When I reached them, they turned, and instead of looking at me with hungry looks, besides Brett, they looked at me with pride in each of their eyes. It confused me as to why they were proud of me, but I brushed it off. I pulled another chair from a different table and put it by Blake. I sat in it and he started to wrap my hands.

"So, do you want to go warm up before the fight?" Cam asked me.

"No, I warmed up before coming this way which is why I am sweaty and later than you guys," I responded while gesturing to the sweat gleaming off of my shoulders and face.

"Well I'm going to sign up," I say while handing my bag to Blake. I get out of my seat and walk to the sign up sheet. After I sign my name, I feel the boys behind me so I stand and wait with them.

I look over at Brett and found him looking at me with the same pride in his eyes as the guys did earlier. Except his were more intense and loving. Wait, what? I felt as if I could get lost in his beautiful grey eyes. Everything and everyone faded away the more I stared into his eyes.

Suddenly, I felt something jab into my side. I turned away ready to fight, but found that Blake was trying to get my attention. He pointed to the find and I realized that they had called my name. Without hesitation I looked directly into the eye of my opponent as I waltzed into the ring. The crowd was louder than last night probably because I beat my opponents ass last night without help. After the crowd died down a little, the referee blew the whistle. As soon as the whistle sounded, me and my opponent started to circle each other. Blake had always taught me to never hit first because my opponent would expect it. Realizing that I wasn't going to strike first, Giant (the nickname for my opponent), tries to throw a left hook at my face. I dodged just in time for him to miss me. Quickly I threw a right hook then an undercut. He stumbled back with blood rushing out of his nose and mouth profusely. He recovered then came at me with his fists flying. Dodging the fists, I quickly analyzed his weaknesses. He kept slightly limping everytime he put any weight on his right leg, so I kicked him behind the knee making him fall on that knee. Quickly before he could recover from my knee kick, I grabbed his head and brought it down hard on my knee. He fell on the ground, but he kept trying to get up. He almost did, but I straddled him and started throwing punches. All the while I could hear the guys hollering and shouting for me to finish him. Even though the crowd was loud, I could hear them over the crowd which made me smile.

I jumped off of the guy and climbed out of the ring, and I grabbed my money.

When I reached the guys, they had huge grins. We walked to a big round table in the back. After I sat down, I started to unwrap my hands. Then I took a rag out of my bag and wet it with my bottled water.

When Brett sat down in front of me, he took the rag from me and took my hands in his and he started to clean my hands of the blood.

All of us parted our ways and we all made our way to our houses. I got dressed and went right to sleep.