Chapter 20

"Ughhhh," I grabbed the water bottle beside me and put the wet rag on my sweaty neck. I looked up at Brett and narrowed my eyes. He has not even broken a sweat, and his face was impassive. Thank the lord I had gotten my cast off a few days ago, which was a deep relief.

He just looked at me, "You're the one who wanted me to train you. Now get up, we are not even done with half of it." I slowly got up, every muscle aching in protest. He rolled his eyes with a small smile on his face, and he walked over and scooped me up. I rested my head on his shoulder and started giggling.

"I'm so glad we moved in with you," I said remembering how much we had to bring with us. Brett looked down at me and smiled, "Me too." He walked up the basement stairs and headed to his room. I was so proud of the way our gym looked. It took us just a few hours to put it together because of the muscular werewolves that helped us. Some of Brett's pack.

We even had a bathroom down there for showers and things. To say I was happy was an understatement.

Brett walked into the bedroom and set me on the bed. He then walked into his closet and pulled out a pair of burgundy shorts and a black tank top. He walked over to me and pulled me up, and I followed him to the bathroom.

He proceeded to run me a shower. He turned to me and left me to it.

The shower was amazing, the heated water loosening my tense muscles. I jumped out and quickly got dressed in Brett's oversized clothes. The shirts came down to my knees and the boxers came down a little under my butt.

When I walked out of the bathroom, Brett was lying on his bed face down, playing a game on my phone. He did not hear me come out, so I quietly put my dirty clothes in the hamper, and snuck up to the bed being quiet as possible. I smiled internally at the thought of scaring Brett. That's when I jumped.

I jumped in the air screaming, planning to jump on his back. But somewhere before I landed on him, he turned over on his back and caught me, as if I was a stuffed animal being thrown at him.

He turned me on my back and was above me tickling me in no time. I squealed, screamed, and writhed under him unable to contain my laughter. He was unstoppable, and I was actually enjoying time with my werewolf. It was getting hard to breath from laughing so much, and I guess Brett noticed that because he stopped and looked at me with those beautiful grey eyes.

"Hi," he said smiling at me.

"Hi," I replied.

"Your so beautiful," he teased, making me blush.

"You tell me everyday," I stated still breathless. He then gave me the look saying he was going to be sweet. Not that he ever is not.

"And I will tell you that for the rest of our life together."

The words that came out of his mouth were simply heart melting. I could not help but become goo at his words. How could someone start falling for someone this quickly? It must be the mate bond. I suddenly felt the urge to kiss him, and it was like I could not stop myself.

I cupped his face in my hands and brought my lips up to his. As I did this, he gently met my lips, and it felt so perfect. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment. This moment was perfect and one I could never forget. My body felt like it had shut off, and it was like the only thing I could feel was his touch. As it came to an end, I felt him smile against my lips. I slowly let go of his face and he smile.

He buried his face in my neck and hugged my body, "Sleep in here with me tonight." I could not say no to him, so I just nodded.

*******

I felt myself being roughly shaken awake. My eyes automatically pop open in panic. My protective gaze is met with a panicked Blake's.

"There's been a breach at the security gate. You need to wake him up now. And meet me and everybody else in the safe room," he stated quickly and gestured to a sleeping Brett beside me before running out of the room.

I quickly got up and ripped the blanket off of Brett. He immediately opened his eyes. He started to complain, but when he saw the look in my eyes, he jumped up. I explained everything, all the while changing into some jeans and a tanktop. Once we were ready for battle, we passed the gym and headed to the safe room in the basement.

The safe room is a room with the size fit for a queen. The walls, floor, door and ceiling consists of five four inch layers of impenetrable metal made to keep other werewolves out. Brett made sure I knew about this in case something like this happens.

Once there, Brett shut the door and, I saw that all of the pack members were there and my group. Brett immediately started doing a head count. When he got around the room, I felt as if something was off. I felt as if someone was still missing. I did not know how I knew, but my gut was pushing me to go the door. Brett's hand grabbed my arm before I could do anything.

"Someone is missing," I whispered so I wouldn't panic anybody. He looked at me in the eye and nodded. We searched the crowd of people. I did this many times before my body went rigid.

"Mom," I whispered.

I ran to the door unlocked it and pulled it opened before grabbing a gun off the table beside it. I could not think of anything else but my mother screaming for my help which pushed me further.

I suddenly felt someone next to me, and I turned to see Brett and Derek, Mark, Dillon, Michael, Cam, Tyler, Caleb and Blake. All of my boys.

They all formed a protective barrier around me and Brett. It was heart warming.

We quickly moved to the stairs, and split into groups. Me and Brett took a hallway to the right of the staircase on the first floor. The hallway of my mother's room. We headed straight for her room.

Without hesitation, I twisted the knob. My brain was telling me that something was not right in here. Brett pulled my arm to hold me back suddenly, but I needed to know if she was okay. The room was pitch black which did nothing to settle my nerves.

Then I smelled it. A stench so bitter that it was unmistakable in what I do in the ring. A smell that was all too familiar to me.

Blood.

My eyes widened and I panicked and started feeling around for the light switch.

What I saw made my blood run cold with fear.

_________

Sorry about the cliffhanger, but I wanted to spice things up. Also sorry about the long wait, but I've been brainstorming ideas for the next few chapters. Also comment on what you guys think I should do to add more spice.

Blake above!

I love you my lovies!

Love, Kat.