Epilogue

"Is it going to hurt?" I asked playing with the hem of Brett's shirt. Currently, we are laying on his bed, and I am laying halfway on him. It's been almost two weeks since that big fight, and Hale was put in prison for kidnap. Of course his sons were pretty pissed at him for hurting me. They now are a part of our little family and have moved in with us. Of course we told them about the werewolf. We also told my mom and everybody else who lives with us because we couldn't keep them out of the dark.

My mom, James and Blake, of course, freaked out. They thought we were all crazy, but Derek shifted in front of them and they accepted it because I was going to need them during the shift. And tonight was the night. In 5 hours I am going to be a werewolf. At midnight.

"I'm not going to lie because you need to know what your in for. It will hurt. And it will probably be the worst pain in your life, but you will have all of us there to push you through it," Brett said softly. I took a deep breath then let it out. I should have been freaking out if it weren't for Brett's hand running through my hair soothingly. Although I was a little scared, I was actually excited to become part of the werewolf world. The first few days back, I was really worried about the shift, but Brett told me that the stronger the person, the faster it will be. So everyday, up until two days ago, the guys took turns training me to build up my strength.

I yawned.

"Go to sleep, baby," Brett soothed. "I'll be right here."

And I let sleep pull me in.

*****4 hours later*****

My eyes popped open. I was sweating from head to toe, and the scar from the bite was burning. I looked around for Brett, but he was no where to be found. I grimaced at the heat, and wiped the sweat from my forehead. My heart was beating so fast and my mouth was so dry, I couldn't talk.

I got up out of the bed and looked down at the long sleeve I had on. Without thinking, I immediately pulled it over my head, and pulled off the tights I had on. I went to my drawer in Brett's dresser. My arms slung the tank top over my head and pulled on the shorts. I looked around for my phone to see if Brett texted me about his whereabouts. No he didn't, but something caught my eye. My eyes widened.

It's only 51 degrees?! No, it couldn't be. It feels easily over one hundred.

I put my phone down and walked out of the room. It was no where near cooler in the hall. I could hear the noises of the guys in the kitchen. I slowly made my way there, but I could feel the heat getting to me. If I didn't drink something, I was sure to die of thirst before I ever even started to shift. My muscles were screaming at me and my lips were getting very chapped.

I reached the door to the kitchen and pushed it open. Everybody turned to me, and Brett was up in an instant. Everybody that knew what was happening turned their happy faces into serious ones. Brett came right to me and picked me up, and set me on a barstool.

"Derek, get me the case of waters out of the fridge. Cam, Michael, go get me a blanket and put it on the front lawn. It's cooler outside than inside. And I need wet towels," he immediately took on the alpha tone. Derek brought the waters to him and he took one and gave it to me. I immediately opened it and guzzled it down. This was a pattern before half the case was gone. I felt much better, but the heat was still sweltering.

"Alpha, everything is outside like you asked," Cam said in a rush. Brett nodded and picked me up. I laid my head on his shoulder when I saw my mom following closely behind with a worried look on her face. I gave her a quick smile which probably looked more like a grimace. We walked through the door and Brett walked to the plaid blanket laid out on the lawn. He laid me down and grabbed a wet towel. I sat up, and he grabbed the hem of my shirt. I looked at him quickly before nodding, and he pulled the shirt above my head. It's not that I was shy of my body, it was the fact that I didn't want someone to make Brett mad by looking at me wrong. But he didn't seem worried about if other people saw me.