Chapter 22

Jayden woke up feeling refreshed and alert. Despite the late night, he had managed to get a good sleep. He sighed with satisfaction as he stared up at the ornate ceiling. Then everything that happened the day before flashed back. The thought of Alex caused him to grin. He glanced to his left and noted she was still sound asleep. Damn! So last night hadn't been a dream after all.

She groaned and stretched a little as he held his breath, wondering if she was going to wake up and see him ogling at her, thinking about her in such an ungodly manner. Oh yeah, he was thinking about her full lips, thinking about licking his tongue along the soft flesh.

She didn't open her eyes or show any sign of waking up. He sighed with relief. Suddenly, she moved to him and snuggled against him, her head now on his arm, her face resting against his chest, and her hand resting on his stomach. Not to mention the fact that one of her legs was resting on the top of his. He stroked his fingers through her long hair. He couldn't help himself and moved his face to hers so his nose touched her hair. A moment later, he drifted off to sleep again.

When he woke, Alexandra was watching him, her eyes large and curious as she studied him.

He said warmly, "Morning."

"Sorry," she said, "I don't know how I ended up here." She made a motion to move away from his arm. He stopped her and gently drew her back.

"Aren't you sore?" she asked.

"No," he lied, even though his arm was numb. He, however, didn't mind. "So did you have a good sleep?"

Alex nodded as she gazed at him. She had to agree it had been comfortable sharing a bed with Jayden. Now, however, it was time for revenge. The only problem was she wondered if she had the willpower and the confidence to go through with it. She had never done anything this reckless before. In fact, she never thought she'd come up with such an idea. It was extraordinary and very unlike her, to say the least.

After the makeover, however, she knew she was now comfortable in her own body and was quite confident that she would be able to go through with her plan. Her hand, after all, had been forced. She had no other choice. Revenge was so sweet.

Jayden touched her nose. "What are you smirking about?"

"Nothing," she replied, a delightful twinkle in her eyes. Suddenly, a fluttery sensation erupted within her. She sat up, trying to calm herself down. "I'll go and shower now," she said and quickly rolled off the bed before Jayden could pull her back.

"Don't be too long," he said lazily.

She glanced at him. He looked almost like a puppy wanting to be petted. She shrugged her slender shoulders as if she didn't care and strolled to the bathroom, making sure she swung her hips just a little like those supermodels do on the runway. He'd surely appreciate that.

Jayden surely did appreciate that as he watched her until she shut the bathroom door. He rested back on the piles of pillows, gazing out the window at the lovely sunshine outside.

In the shower, Alex made sure she scrubbed herself well until her skin was glowing. Afterward, she went about moisturizing herself and doing her makeup as she was taught by Lisa, the beauty therapist, so she'd look naturally beautiful.

"You can do this," she said as she stared at herself in the mirror. Two could play at his game. The tables had to be turned. She nodded her head with a determined look on her face. With only a thin towel wrapped around her slim body, her hair slightly wet, and her milky skin soft and glowing, she headed out the door. She made sure Jayden noticed her before she headed toward the walk-in wardrobe.

Jayden sat up, his interest piqued as he watched her finding her clothing in the big wardrobe. He wondered if seeing Alex every day and him pretending to be gay was a good idea after all. He also wondered how long he'd be able to last not exposing the truth that he was not gay, that he was attracted to her, and that he couldn't stand not touching her.