Love at first scent

Hi this is my first boyxboy, hope you like it.

  ^^^ Is when the flashback starts and ends, also all flashbacks are in italics

Cole's POV

Walking in the woods can be so calming. I like coming to this place as it gave me a sense of security I feel a sort of connection here. I remember when my parents told me I had to come here and stay with my grandma for the summer two weeks ago. As they were going away on business.

^^^

It was Friday the last day of school and as usual I walked home. I like walking it gave me a sense of peace plus I enjoy the views of nature, all the trees and animals, dogs playing fetch with their owners in the park it's all so interesting. As I walked up the drive I could see that my parents were home, well that's odd they're never here on the weekends.

When I stepped in the house the tension hit me like a ton of bricks, when I turned the corner I could see my parents sitting at the island in the kitchen. They usually do this when they have something to tell me, usually along the lines of, 'We're going away for a few weeks' or 'I know it's you're birthday but something came up at the office' Yeah whatever they had to tell me I had a feeling that I would not like it one bit. 

"Hi Mum, Dad, what's up?" I asked acting like I was oblivious to the fact that the tension was gathering like rain clouds in a blue sky. Well whatever the news was it has to be big to make my parents act like this. Which reinforce the fact that I won't like it one bit.

"Well you see we have to go to Madrid as they're interviewing new staff and your dad and I have to be there to see that everything is running smoothly, so we'll be gone for the summer" my Mum answered. Looking nervous and shooting daggers at my father as if telling him to help her out. 

"Well ok then have a nice trip" I replied trying to conceal the disappointment I felt, I mean I hardly get to see them anymore and here they are talking about going away for the WHOLE SUMMER, I don't know why I'm so bothered about it,it's not like this is first or last time. I guess I just hope this summer we could spend sometime together. Well I guess not. 

"Uum son here's the thing, since we're going to be gone so long, we've decided to send you to your grandmother in America so that you don't have to spend the summer alone" my dad finally complied to my mum 

 "W..What did you say?" I managed to stammer out, sure I'd heard them wrong. I didn't have a grandmother that I know off, especially one that lived in America.

"We're sending you to stay with your grandmother?" my dad repeated. 

"Why? why can't I just stay here on my own like I normally do? why do I have to go to a strange place I'm perfectly fine staying here by myself"

"Yes we know you've stayed by yourself plenty of times but we were usually gone for a few weeks not months, we'd feel better if you had someone with you, it's not like you have friends that could stay here with you. So this is the best possible option"