Man's best friend? Close enough...

Hey!! I just want to say thank you to everyone that's read, commented, fanned and voted, it means a lot to me. :')

Cole's POV

This wolf was the strangest animal ever, not only was it abnormally huge but it acted like a little puppy that's missed it's master. At this moment he, well I'm guessing by the built of it that it was a male, was covering my face with sloppy kisses, but I didn't mind. He seemed happy and for some reason the happiness of this wolf mattered to me. The connection I felt was like an unbreakable bond that was deeper than this wolf being similar to man's best friend. It had now stopped licking my face and was now looking at me. Staring back into those eyes, I saw more intelligence than any animal should possess. It seemed as if this wolf was in deep thought about a puzzling fact, what ever it was seemed to make his eyes shine with sadness, suddenly that sadness was replaced with a fierce determination. I wonder what that's all about?

I examined the wolf closely because things certainly didn't add up, the height and the intelligence that was beyond that of animal, puzzled me in to confusion. Why was this wolf so different than others?The only explanation I could come up with was that this wolf was the result of a science experiment gone wrong, for some reason the thought of some one hurting this wolf sent such deep anger within me that I was shocked. I'm not one to lose my temper. I don't get worked up easily but the thought of any harm being done to this wolf was enough to make me feel angry enough to kill. Ooook weird reaction right there, maybe my Mum is right, maybe I should start hanging out with my own species. socialise with the people of the world. Yeah right for all I know the people are aliens and my parents are just waiting to spring that little surprise on me but you know what this time I figured it out on my own. For know I'll stick to the species I can count on the animals they never change and they don't lie to you. 

I tentatively stretch my hand out to run it through his fur , it was black with blue tinges. At my touch the wolf let out a purr of contentment, this was a really strange animal. I continued to run my hand through it's fur it's tail thumping the ground showing his delight at my touch. Scanning my eyes around the area I saw a small branch that had fallen off a tree. I walked over to were it was and picked it up. I've always wanted a dog, so I'll take this opportunity seeing as it was the closest I would get to having one. 

"Ok, come on Wolfie, fetch!"

I threw the branch and looked at the wolf waiting for it to go after it, the wolf just sat there and stared at me. The look it gave me was one I interpreted to be an "are you kidding me" look. It then stretched and laid down and stared at me through half closed eyes. Great! it's just my luck at actually having the chance to have a pet and it turns out to be lazy.

"Go on Wolfie, go for the stick!"

Is it me or did the wolf just rolled it eyes at me? I made shooing motions at the wolf trying to indicate what I wanted it to do.That didn't seem to work; I was sure I looked like a complete idiot which was proven as the wolf let out a gruff barking noise which sounded similar to that of a laugh. I can't believe it this wolf was laughing at me. I stomped my way back over to the log and sat down. muttering to myself.

"One lousy branch and the lazy bum wolf can't even do that"  I sighed.