Alien among others

Cole's P.O.V

"Who are you?" the stranger asked. Eh is he supposed to be asking that question? I mean hello I technically live here now so he has no right to be asking me that question......I think. 

"Uum...me?" I asked puzzled, didn't the stranger tell anyone I was coming. Figures. why am I here anyway cause I can clearly see that she would prefer it if I wasn't, well that makes two of us. It's not like I came here of my own free will. I was practically shoved out the door. Talk about being unwanted. 

The guy looked at me as if I was stupid. "Yeah of course you, who else would I be talking to?"  he retorted. Sheesh he needed  to relax, it was just a simple question.

"Look man I don't know you, to know your normal behavioural patterns so you could have been talking to the wall for all I know" I said as I headed to my room.

Well technically it use to be my deceased grandfather's study and let me just say he was a murderer. The room was filled with animal heads and real fur carpets it made me sick. At night I can just feel the eyes of the deers on the wall watching me and it really starting to freak me out. I asked the stranger if I could take them down and she said no they were there to honour his memory. I couldn't care two tuffs about his memory for I didn't know the guy but what I did care about was my sanity and I was slowly loosing it from having nightmares about those animals deciding to take revenge on me. I can't count how many times I woke up in the night shouting it wasn't me. I wasn't the one to hunt them down and kill them but I'm the one paying for it. Oh the joy. 

"Hey, you didn't answer my question who the hell are you?" the guy came up behind me. 

"I am none of your business and right now I'm trying to get to my room so leave me alone" I replied. I'm starting to get really annoyed with this guy, why couldn't he just leave me alone? after all I was the one that got back to see a stranger where I was staying and you didn't catch me asking him who he was not that I cared all I know is that he's another person that will no doubt act like I don't exist so why bother with all this 'who are you?' business, in the end it doesn't matter cause if they chose to they can all act like they don't know you. Which makes all these introductions pretty pointless if you get what I mean. 

"Well you aren't going anywhere until you tell me who you are?" Oh for the love of all that's sane.

"why are you so interested in who I am? I am the one that came back here to see a stranger; you don't see me firing questions like and interrogation officer. Do you? No. Listen you don't know me and I sure as hell don't want to know you so leave it at that." and with that I push pass and went to the murder zone. Ugh this room really does give me the creeps. 

I don't know how I did it but it must have been sleep deprivation, cause as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out like a light. Don't know how long i was out for but it clearly wasn't enough. I was just about to gpo back to sleep when i realised why I woke up in the first place, there was a knock at my bedroom door. That only means one thing it was time for dinner. Ugh I really can't be bothered with this fair enough when I was home by myself I could bare the silence come on i'm not actually going to start talking to myself that would make me seem crazier than I already was. Here on the other hand the silence was soo awkward and tense. 

After checking the time I saw that I was only asleep for an hour. No wonder I still felt like this. I went out to the kitchen a few minutes later and realised that the guy was still here. He better not start that 'who are you?' interrogation again.I sat down and mumbled a simple thank you when my plate was set in front of me and began the mandatory task of eating. The silence hung like rain clouds over a hill until wannabe interrogator opened his mouth. "So you ready to tell me who you are yet?"

Seriously does this guy never give up. I really wasn't in the mood for his little game looks like my lack of sleep was taking its toll on me. Ignored his question and continued eating. The silence was  so thick that I felt like it was suffocating me so I excused myself to go to the toilet before I screamed at someone. I looked in the mirror on the wall of the bathroom and the sight I saw disturbed me. i thought this trip was suppose to be good for me help me to make new friends and talk more but it was doing nothing of that sort. All it's done is shown me that I don't like being around people especially two specific people: one because one of them hate me for a reason that I can't fathom, two the other is just plain annoying and not the sort of person i would want to get to know. 

I splashed some water on my face trying to bring back some life. Let's just say it didn't work, as I made my way back to the kitchen I could hear whispering so I stayed where I was. Yes I know eavesdropping is not a good thing because the eavesdroppers never hear good about themselves but I was curious as a cat, but unlike that other cat curiosity would not kill me cause I'm a ninja. 

"Mum why won't you tell me who he is? isn't it bad enough that I come hom and there's a complete stranger living here but you don't want to tell me who he is" 

Wait...wahh, did he just say Mum. I thought dad was an only child. What the hell is wrong with these people and their secrets. Well isn't it great I live with the CIA, keeping secrets must be a profession for these people cause they're too good. So if he's the stranger's son that means he's my uncle, ha ha ha he's my uncle and he's my age that is just too weird there is no chance I'm calling him that, not that I'll be talking to him at all. 

"Listen I know son he's the son of a friend of mine and I'm watching him for the summer while they're away on business." the stranger replied. Wha.... she doesn't even acknowledge the fact that I'm her grandson. What the hell did my parents get me into. Not only am I hundred of miles from home but I'm here with a woman I don't even know, who don't even acknowledge my presence who I know on some instinctual level that she hated me. Why though I've never done anything to here. I remember the first few days and how even though I didn't want to be here I tried to be polite but she never answered me when I ask question and when she did say something it was sharp and curt as if she didn't want to waste her breathe on me. 

I slowly made my way back to my room if you can call it that. I didn't know what to do know. I had no one I was alone in a strange place. I never wanted to be here but now I was. I was alone, alone and hated and that when it hit me. I had it wrong the first time, those people weren't the aliens it was me because I never fit in anywhere I never talk to people so when I do I ended up sounding rude and defensive. I'd rather talk to animals that people of my own species. I was an alien among my own kind. I was neither wanted nor loved. With those thoughts running through my head I cried my self to sleep.