4

"There's an old voice in my head that's holding me back"
"Well tell her that I miss our little talks"

+++++

"Bells, please stop moping" Harry snapped, "it was for the best. Aren't you happy? Aren't you happy being here with me?"

"Of course I'm happy with you Harry, all I've ever wanted was to be with you. But she was my mother, I'm allowed to be upset" Bella explained tiredly, rubbing her hands over her face.

"Of course you are Bells but please just right now - be happy. Be happy here with me. You're all I've ever wanted, you're all I have" Harry said, tilting Bella's fedora up and smiling at her.

Bella couldn't help but smile, he was too cute.

"There's this old voice in my head" She tried to explain, "that's holding me back - stopping me from moving on, you know?"

"Well" Harry started, squeezing her thigh gently, "tell her that I miss our little talks"

"We still talk" Bella said softly

"Yeah but it isn't the same, you're different now. I miss our meaningful talks, you know? You don't give me anything, all I get is a few words here and there. I miss you"

"I'm sorry, Harry" She said truthfully, "I'm sorry, I was just upset. I am happy - I am so happy, there's no one in our way anymore, it's just us, together forever, right?"

Harry broke into a grin. "Together forever"

Bella decided that Harry was right - she was moping too much, they had made the decision to shoot her mother and Harry was completely right - she had been trying to get Bella locked away, she never cared about her. She deserved it.

Bella walked through the empty halls of the house, heading to the kitchen.

Questions swarmed in her mind, this was the first time she had been away from Harry in so long - she finally had a minute to think for herself and it was terrifying.

Her nose scrunched up and her eyebrows knitted together in thought. Her mum wouldn't have said those things for no reason. Was there something wrong with her?

The realisation hit Bella that perhaps Harry wasn't as honest as she always thought he was. Maybe he was keeping something from her.

"Harry?" Bella called out, hearing her voice echo around the empty house. "Are you still here?"

There was no reply, so Bella figured she was alone. She frowned slightly, trying to figure out what was going on.

You're crazy

You're crazy

You're fucking crazy Bella

Her mother's words echoed through her head and she felt herself getting dizzy. Bella paced back and forth in the kitchen, with a hand pressed to her forehead she tried to steady herself. She walked towards the countertop stopping when she felt a hand cover her mouth.

She screamed, trying to break away from the person holding her. She relaxed but only slightly when she heard the familiar deep voice behind her. Harry was chuckling when he moved his hand.

"Calm down, Bells, it's just me"  Bella didn't even crack a smile, she just stared at him, questioning everything she had come to know.

"Come on, get a sense of humour. What's wrong with you?" Harry snapped, grabbing Bella's arm roughly.

"What's wrong with me, Harry?" She asked him.

"Bella, I've told you this a million times" He said angrily. "There is nothing wrong with you - stop being irritating and just believe me when I say that. I'm your best friend in the world, I would tell you if there was something wrong with you"

"But why would she say that, Harry? Why would she say that I'm crazy? Why did her and dad stay up arguing about the whole thing - there's something you're not telling me!" Bella fought back, she had never acted like this with Harry before and she was nervous to see his reaction.

"We've been over this" Harry grumbled. "She's the crazy one"

"But what about dad?" She fired back. "He used to say it to - you heard him. All those nights we stayed up listening to them fight, those fights weren't over nothing, they were over me" tears brimmed her eyes but she refused to break her ground.

"What are you keeping from me, Harry?" She whispered.

"Fucking hell, Bella" He sighed exasperated. "I'm not keeping anything from you! There's nothing wrong with you, your parents - they have never understood you, Bella. They don't care about you, they don't care about anyone other than themselves, you know this, why are you questioning me? I'm your best friend, Bells"  He said - almost nervously.

"I'm sorry" Bella sighed, coming to her senses. "I'm sorry, I know, you're right. I was just confused and upset and I shouldn't have taken that out on you" She almost stumbled into him, wrapping her arms tightly around his torso, burying her face in his chest. He was warm and his sweater was soft, Bella didn't want to ever let go.

"You just have to trust me, Bells" Harry said. "I wouldn't lie to you, I would never do anything to make you upset Bella, never. You're all I have, I could never lose you"

"You won't lose me" Bella said but her voice was muffled, her face being pressed into his chest still. "I promise, you won't lose me"

"Let's just start again, yeah? No more arguing, no more sadness, let's just go back to the way things were" Harry said, pulling his head back, his arms still around her.

"I really like the sound of that" Bella said, smiling. "The way things were, no more negativity"

"I just want you to trust me, I trust you, Bells. Let's just be happy, there's no one here to tear us down anymore. It's you and me, baby, together forever"