6

"Some days I don't know if I am wrong or right"
"Your mind is playing tricks on you, my dear"

+++++

Bella couldn't make up her mind about where her and Harry were going to go so Harry started suggesting places.

"I know! Let's just go down to O'Connell street, they have stalls and stuff there" Harry said triumphantly, Bella knitted her eyebrows together "you know, it's near the beach you used to go there all the time as a kid. They close the whole street off, it's always full of people"

"How do you know that?" Bella asked suddenly, she and Harry had never been there together, and it had been when Bella was very young, she didn't even know Harry.

"Uh... I pay attention when you tell me stories, you told me years ago - I just remembered" He said, not exactly convincingly. Bella was fairly sure she had never told Harry any stories about their trips to those markets, but she let it slide, figuring that she might be wrong.

"So?" Harry said, changing the subject.

"So what?"

"You wanna go or not?" He snapped.

"Yes!" She said excitedly, "Just let me get a coat, I'll be right back"

Bella felt strange, excited but strange, it had been so long since she went anywhere, Harry refused to go anywhere most of the time and she didn't have any other friends. She did have one friend, before Harry. Her name was Florence and she'd been the only person who would talk to Bella - besides Harry, of course - for as long as she could remember. When Bella turned fifteen, Harry was adamant that Florence was out to get her, he made it his mission to split them up.

"Bella if you don't get rid of her - I'm leaving and you won't ever see me again" He had said, completely seriously. Bella was devastated, sure, but she knew in her heart that she couldn't live without Harry by her side. So she ignored Florence, blatantly ignored her. Florence would try talking to her in the halls but Harry would squeeze her hand - roughly - warning her of what might happen if she answers her."Don't you dare, Bella. You know what I'll do" Even then, his threats scared Bella. She would duck her head down and run past Florence every time she tried to talk to her. Bella watched, her heart breaking slightly as gradually Florence made new friends, a group of girls from the soccer team, they would be good for her, Bella thought, they seemed like nice girls, they'll treat her right.

"You don't need her" Harry had said, watching as Bella stared at the group. "She was going to hurt you"

"No she wasn't!" Bella hissed back. "She's never done anything to hurt me! Why don't you like her?"

"You have to trust me Bells, I'm your best friend I'd never lie to you. I know that you guys were close but she was going to hurt you - everyone else has, she's no different" He'd said, leaning across the table to face her, his right hand gesturing to the people laughing at her. Bella frowned, everyone always seemed to be laughing at her and she just couldn't figure out why.

"Is there something on my face? Seriously, why is everyone always laughing?" Bella had said, burying her hands in her palms. Joey - one of the jocks from her school walked past as she said this, snickering under his breath. "Freak" He spat, bumping her chair with his leg. Bella couldn't help but feel even worst when Harry didn't stand up for her.