(12) Hardison x Reader ~ The Second Hacker [Part 1]

Word count: 1341

Silence has casted over the Leverage team for the past half hour. The team desperately needs a second hacker in order to go through with Nate's strategy.

Hardison is being stubborn and refuses to work with his hacking rival, Colin "Chaos" Mason. There is a limited time frame for the job to be completed by and the team has only two days left to come up with a solution. Other hackers the team had reached out to demanded a large sum of money as payment. Amounts they cannot afford to pay.

"Guys, time is of the essence. We must find another hacker who will work for reasonable pay. Are you sure there isn't anything that will change your mind, Harrison? Anything at all," Nate presses.

The hacker stubbornly shakes his head with gritted teeth. Nate sighs. Right when he prepares to announce a different idea, Eliot stops him.

"Hold on, Nate. I know somebody who might be willing to help us. It's a huge might. I haven't been in contact with this person for several years, but I can try to reach out," Eliot suggests.

"Perfect! Go contact this person now!"

Nate shoos the brown haired male off of the seat. With hands placed on Nate's shoulders, Eliot tries to gain the mastermind's attention.

"Slow down there for a moment. I'm going to need a secure satellite phone. I don't know where my friend is currently at. All I have is a contact number. My friend could be anywhere in the world and I might put this friend in danger if someone manages to pinpoint a location."

All eyes land on Hardison. He slowly nods and leaves to grab the requested device. Nate claps a hand on Eliot's shoulder before walking off with Sophie while Parker silently slinks out through the window and climbs up the fire escape. The hitter sighs and wanders over to Hardison to retrieve the satellite phone.

---

Monotone ringing echoes in Eliot's ear as he waits patiently for his friend to pick up. The ringing loops for about three more times before a soft voice cautiously answers.

"Hello?"

"Hey. It's me, Eliot."

"Oh, hey! How are you doing?"

"I'm doing okay, how about you? You busy right now?"

"I'm doing the best I can. I'm in the middle of a dessert of some nation... Never really asked where, though they probably wouldn't have told me if I did. As of today, I have finished my fiftieth job. Anyway, that's beside the point. How can I help you?"

"I need to ask you for a favor."

"Sure, Eliot. I'm always here if you need help."

"The team that I work with, we need another skilled hacker to help us do a job. I was wondering if you could help us out. We'll pay for your flight and arrange a payment deal."

"I'm more than willing to help. There's no need to pay for anything, Eliot. I owe you my life."

"At least let us pay for the flight here and back. And by the way, I didn't save you so that you can constantly pay me back. You're doing enough by helping others. I'm proud of you."

A soft chuckle makes the phone vibrate ever so slightly. Eliot can picture the smile on his friend's face just from memory, her cheeks flushing from the compliment.