(5) Nate x Reader ~ Holiday Cheer

A/N: Here's a short little fluff I wrote up today. I was going to write a more detailed one, but I have to leave for a Christmas gathering. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all!!  ()*:・゚ ゚・: *()
Word count: 903
(h/c): Hair color

Like parents watching over their kids, Nate and (Y/n) are sitting on their couch watching the three other team members as they tear through a mountain of Christmas gifts. The team members had no special place to return to for the holidays, so (Y/n) offered for them to stay with her and Nate. Now, watching the wide smiles forming on their faces, the two of them have not a single doubt about inviting them to stay.

"Oooo," Parker screams loudly,"Look, Hardison! Nate and (Y/n) got me new rappelling gear!!" Without any warning, the blonde thief jumps off the floor and launches herself onto (Y/n). The (h/c) haired woman yelps as Parker's body crushes her own. "Thank you, (Y/n)!" She moves over to hug Nate, but he gets to her first, simply hugging her before he can get crushed as well.

"You're welcome, Parker," Nate and (Y/n) say in synchronization.

"Sweet! Where did you guys manage to get these?! I haven't been able to find this set anywhere," Eliot happily exclaims, carefully unwrapping the velvet cloth encasing his pristine set of knives.

"Well," Nate explains," when (Y/n) was traveling around the world several years ago, she came across a man who was selling all sorts of cutlery. That set happened to be hidden under a pile of butchering knives. She pulled it out from underneath them and bargained for several hours with the vendor until they settled on a price. Now, the reason why she bought them at the time was completely ridiculous. I was standing next to her the whole time trying to get her to leave it be. The price was pretty high and the deal wasn't worth it since (Y/n) had no use for the set. She just recognized them as an expensive set of knives that many would kill to get their hands on them if they were aware of its value and quality."

"Wait, wait, wait," the former soldier interrupts. He holds his hand out with a baffled look on his face. "You're telling me that you, (Y/n), spent a lot of money for a set of knives that you never planned on using?!"

"Yes and no." (Y/n) replies, a soft smile on her face. "I had a feeling that someone would want them in the future, so I trusted that gut feeling and purchased them. After meeting you and getting to know your personality, I knew that you're the right person to have ownership of those knives."

"Thank you. I can assure you that I will take good care of them and use them to their full potential. You have my word."

"You're more than welcome, Eliot. I'm sure that they're in good hands."

The brown haired hitter stands up from his seat on the floor and sits beside (Y/n) to pull her into a hug. She gives him a gentle pat on the back and ushers him to open his other gifts as Hardison rips the wrapping paper of a large box. Nate and (Y/n) look at each other with grins once they hear the hacker's loud cries of joy.

"Oh my god! This is... This is an awesome gift!" Hardison uses his fingers to wipe away tears from his eyes. In his hands is a Razer Ornata Chroma Gaming Keyboard. "Thank you, guys. Y'all the best!"

"Heh heh, you're welcome, Hardison. Though the one you should be thanking is Nate. He's the one who decided to get a keyboard for you. I just chose the brand product name."

Nate looks at (Y/n) with a glare. He shakes his head and points at the woman beside him," Don't believe a word she said. (Y/n) is far more observant than I am. She knew exactly what to give all of you. No hesitation when she paid for them." His glare turns into a playful grin when he sees the look on his wife's face.

"Traitor," she cries out, clutching the spot on her chest above her heart, feigning injury. "You promised not to say anything!"

"I'm not going to lie to these guys. They would've figured out on their own eventually. They're smart."

"Well, these gifts are still from the both of you, so it doesn't matter who picked them," Eliot reasons. "And we're all," he pauses momentarily to look at his two teammates," appreciative of your thoughtfulness."

"All of you guys deserve it. You've worked really hard and we, as a team, have accomplished more than I thought we could do." Nate leans back on the couch with an arm slung around (Y/n). Giving her shoulder a gentle squeeze, the curly haired male brings his significant other closer to him. "Consider our gifts as a huge thank you."

Together, the three Leverage teammates approach the couple and pull them into a group hug. (Y/n) and Nate chuckle, throwing their arms around their family. Parker squeals happily and nuzzles her cheek into (Y/n)'s shoulder. Her childish act only makes the woman laugh and hug her tighter.