(3) Eliot x Sick!Reader ~ The Sniffles

Requested by @Ainslies21
Please view the video when it's referenced to.
Word count: 1044
(h/c): hair color

ACHOO!

ACHOO!

Soft, yet loud sneezes echoed throughout the Leverage HQ. On the couch, a large bundle of blankets are cocooning the creator of the sneezes. Her face is tinted pink and her nose is raw from all the cheap tissues rubbing against the soft skin. A large pile of the offending tissues are surrounding and inside a wastebasket that was already overflowing with trash before the tissues were thrown in.

ACHOO!

The team had left a few days ago to do a small job that doesn't require a team medic to tag along. Nate had said that the job has no physical risk involved, so (Y/n) opted to stay at the headquarters to stay out of the team's way. Her boyfriend, Eliot, wanted her to come with the team despite her being unneeded this time. (Y/n) managed to convince him that she's ok with being left out on the job. She explained how she's been feeling tired lately and reasoned to Eliot that she is going to take the opportunity to rest. The brown haired male reluctantly agreed before kissing her cheek, a final farewell before leaving with the other four team members.

Being sick and unable to move without a head splitting migraine is the worst. (Y/n) decided early on to bundle herself up on the couch with several boxes of tissues, the TV remote, a variety of snacks, and her phone. Now, she's trapped where she had planted herself on the couch with little energy to get up. The sun had set many hours ago and the light switch is on the other side of the room. (Y/n) mentally curses at Hardison for placing the device so far away. As soon as she makes an attempt to stand, the (h/c) haired women falls over onto her side.

"Oww," she moans in agony. Her head throbs with pain.

All the willpower to try and get up once more drains from (Y/n)'s body. Silently, she lies on the couch. Before she realizes it, (Y/n)'s eyelids droop down and slowly close from exhaustion.

~Time Skip~

Hardison unlocks the front doors and pushes them open as the rest of the team trails tiredly behind him. Bags of equipment and other necessities drop to the floor with a solid thud. Four pairs of legs drag across the room, each pair leading their owners in a different direction. The young hacker takes notice of the dirty pile of used tissues around the overflowing wastebasket.

"Eww! C'mon, man! Seriously, who uses that many tissues and doesn't bother to clean up the mess?! I just cleaned the place before we left!"

Parker glances over to the TV, which is still on and currently playing a movie (Y/n) had put in not too long ago. With raised eyebrows, Eliot peers over the back of the couch. A soft chuckle rumbles in his throat when he finds a mop of (h/c) sticking out of a huge bundle of blankets.

"Nate," Eliot whispers as loud as he can," I'm taking (Y/n) with me. She's sick."

A tired nod of affirmation from Nate leads the brown haired male to gently pick up the blanket burrito of a girlfriend. He asks quietly for his blonde friend to turn off the TV before carrying (Y/n) away.

~Time Skip~

(Y/n) stirs from her slumber feeling only slightly better than before her long sleep. Grunting, (Y/n) twists her sore body to find her body out of the cocoon of blankets and under a single duvet in her and Eliot's shared bed. The woman turns a few more times, with much effort, to find her boyfriend lightly snoring with half of his face buried into the pillow.

All of (Y/n)'s twisting and turning wakes up Eliot. His eyes open slowly, blinking for several seconds straight to rid of the sleepiness. A light hue of red is still tinting (Y/n)'s face. Concern washes over his tired eyes as the male presses the back of his warm hand to (Y/n)'s forehead.

"Still really warm," Eliot muses.

"Hnngghh. Can we just stay in bed today, Eliot? My head hurts and my body is all sore from falling asleep on the couch," (Y/n) pleas, batting her eyelashes for extra effects.

Softly smiling, Eliot nods. He turns to his nightstand and grabs the TV remote, handing it to (Y/n). Bright, flashing lights illuminate the room as (Y/n) selects a movie to watch. Many eye-catching thumbnails slide across the flatscreen in seconds before one is selected without hesitation.

"Can we watch this one, please?! I love it a lot!"

"Sure," the brown haired male chuckles. "Anything you want. You're going to be pampered today."

Giggles erupt from the female's mouth, which turn into coughs. Eliot's hand immediately reaches over to (Y/n)'s back. It takes several minutes of soothing rubs to her back before the coughs die down. Looking up at the screen, (Y/n) squeals in happiness.

"Oooooo! Watch this part, Eliot! This is really funny," (Y/n) exclaims while pointing at the darkened screen.

(Please refer to the video provided above.)

Two significantly different laughs fill the room as soon as the small scene ends. A strong arm latches onto (Y/n) and brings her back against Eliot's chest. The brown haired male settles his chin into the crook of his girlfriend's neck and nuzzles closer, making the small bits of his stubble tickle her skin.

"Hehe... Eliot! That tickles," (Y/n) complains playfully, yet she doesn't pull away from him. In fact, she leans closer into his warmth and sighs softly.

"You feeling better yet, (Y/n)? You're not as warm as before," the hitter inquires.

"..."

"(Y/n)?"

"..."

Soft snores coming from the young woman makes small puffs of warm air blow into Eliot's hair. Shaking his head with a small laugh, the brown haired male shifts his girlfriend gently to shut off the TV before settling in comfortably under the duvet.

"Goodnight, (Y/n). Sleep well. You better get over this sickness when we wake up."