(11) Hardison x Reader ~ Fangirling

A/N: Here's a short drabble inspired by all the "Lucas the Spider" videos. Even as someone who fears spiders, you gotta admit, Lucas is really cute! (*∀≦*)
Word Count: 976

"(Y/n)? Hey, (Y/n)?" Hardison calls out to his girlfriend as he searches the Leverage headquarters for her, poking his head into each room he approaches. He needs to prepare for a trip to Canada for the retrieval of smuggled jewelry and a con against a dirty cop. The hacker is having a difficult time locating several of his belongings, so finding (Y/n) is of the utmost importance. "Woman, where are you at!?"

From the far end of the hall, a disinterested response to the Hacker's shouts sounds out. "I'm in here."

"'Here' where, (Y/n)," he yells back, exasperated by the lack of detail. All he wants to do is get his packing done and out of the way. (Y/n) is making the process slower than it should be. "'Here' can mean a lot of different places."

"Don't you sass me, Alec Hardison! You know perfectly well that I am in our room, so get your butt in here if you require my presence."

Rolling his eyes with a smile, Hardison waltzes over to the shared room, stopping at the doorframe to investigate the subject that is completely captivating his girlfriend's attention. He is not surprised to find (Y/n) sprawled across the bedspread with her eyes practically glued to the laptop screen before her, seeing as her broken femur has put her out of commission for the next several months. Loud harp music resonating from the device's speakers, so Hardison thrusts out a hand to wave in front of (Y/n)'s face, hoping to gain a verbal response, only to receive a harsh slap to his palm.

"Wh-"

"Shhhhhhh!" Hushing her boyfriend while shooting a glare at him, (Y/n) keeps her eyes focused on the video playing on her laptop, repeatedly smacking the hacker standing beside her once his mouth opens to speak. "Hardison, shut up! I'm trying to watch something beautiful here."

"Beautiful? What can be so beautiful that it deserves more attention and loving than me?"

The sound a toddler's singing and music draws the hacker's eyes back to the laptop screen, which displays a video of a small spider with a bird. A small, oddly shaped twig rests in the bird's beak as it flies off.

Just as Hardison opens his mouth, ready to convey his frustrations, (Y/n) slaps a hand over his mouth and squeals loudly at the start of a new clip. The same miniature arachnid from the previous video enters the frame, only this time, it's surrounded by wooden figures of equivalent height; soft, endearing singing ensues once again.

"Look at how cute he is," squeals (Y/n), the tight grip on her boyfriend's arms unwavering as she shakes the man from left to right. "Why can't he be real?!"

"Am I seriously loosing my girlfriend's attention to an animated spider in a thirty second clip?"

"Yup," she replies absentmindedly.

(Y/n) sings along with the video, a wide smile stretched tightly across her face. Seeing his girlfriend enjoying herself, Hardison forgets all about his packing. He gently shoves the young woman to join her on the bed, and, taking the opportunity to convince Hardison that not all spiders are bad, (Y/n) exits the clip she is watching to introduce her boyfriend to the friendly spider, starting with the very first video. {Which is the one below for those of you who haven't seen any of the clips before.}

---

"Guys, where's Hardison?"

Planes roar to life all around the tarmac as Nate and the rest of the Leverage team stand by their luggage. Eliot taps his foot on the concrete beneath his feet with an scowl. After the hacker's antsy behavior following (Y/n)'s injury, the retrieval specialist has been irked by every little inconvenience that Hardison raises.

At first, Hardison was scurrying around their headquarters like a headless chicken, complaining about each and every detail while trying to help his girlfriend in any way possible. Those days were okay, but now, the long list of problems the hacker has left for the Leverage team in his wake has become unbearable. On extremely rare days, Hardison actually shows up to set up and remains where he is needed until the end of a job. More often than not, bargains are made with Nate to grace the hacker with the privilege of working from Leverage HQ.

Eliot's patience is thinning.

With a grunt, the retrieval specialist pulls up Hardison's number, pressing the phone to his ear while muttering promises to hurt the hacker if the call leads to voicemail.

"Yo," Hardison answers nonchalantly. Being caught up in the video (Y/n) had played a few seconds ago, the hacker neglected to check the caller ID before picking up the phone. "Who am I speaking to? If you're not in a rush, call me back because I'm in the middle of somethin' right now."

"Oh, you bet your sorry-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Eliot! Hey, my man! Wassup!"

"Our plane headed for Canada is what's up if you don't get over to the terminal now," Eliot retorts.

"Uh, sorry, man. No can do."

Before Eliot can speak another word, his ear is met with the all too familiar repetition of beeps, informing him that Hardison had hung up. From a five feet across the retrieval specialist, Nate's cellphone plays a loud jingle and the use of the hacker's name in the greeting, along with the exclamation, 'what do you mean you didn't pack your bags,' leaves Eliot furious.

"Well," Nate sighs, pocketing his phone, "Hardison will be aiding us from headquarters. Let's move, people! We're wasting time here."

"Damnit, Hardison!"

*・゜゚・*:....:*'(*゚▽゚*)'*:.. ..:*・゜゚・*

:*・゜゚・*