45. Kings and Queens

The way upstairs was a blur. Probably because Kay didn't stop kissing Kyle for one second. She had no idea how he even knew where he was going, but one moment they were going up the stairs, then they were halfway along a hallway, and finally, inside a room, dropping on the bed.

And she couldn't be happier, because now his hands didn't have to focus on holding her up and could roam over her body. She fumbled with the buttons of his shirt, yearning to feel his skin. And she could finally run her hands across his chest, his abs, those delicious lines that disappeared in his jeans.

He started trailing kissed on her jaw, down her neck, on her exposed shoulder, his hands lifting her top, touching her stomach, her back. She shivered at the contact. She never thought simple touches could send her over the edge like that. He hadn't even touched any of the big stuff, and already she was shaking all over.

When he started kissing her stomach, she thought she'd completely lose it. She tried to push the shirt off his shoulders, but couldn't reach properly. Kyle's mouth moved back to hers, biting on her lower lip. A moan escaped her.

He groaned. "Don't do that."

"I can't help it." Her voice was low and breathy.

"Stop talking." He kissed her again, to make sure she'd listen.

Good, she didn't want to talk anyway. She wanted to get rid of that damn shirt. They twisted and she ended up in his lap and froze. It felt so good. She moved an inch and it felt even better as heat ran up her spine and to her head, making everything hazy. Another moan came out, but this time Kyle didn't tell her to stop. He wrapped his arms around her tightly as if to stop her from moving. It didn't work, she still could, and she did, enjoying the pressure, the tension in her body and his, the way it made her yearn for so much more.

"Kay, stop," he whispered in her ear.

The warmth sent shivers through her body. "Why? It feels so good."

"It feels too good. That's why you need to stop." He moaned when she moved again. It was the hottest sound she'd ever heard. "You told me you wanted to wait five dates before we go further. And if you keep grinding into me, that's going to hell fast." His voice was strained as if the words took all his concentration.

"I did?" She couldn't remember saying it, but now that the haze was lifted the tiniest bit, it did sound logical, like something she would say, like something they should do. Because as much as she wanted him, their relationship was much more than sex. And if they didn't stop now, that was obviously where they were heading. "Yeah, that sounds smart."

So she pulled back a little, to relieve the pressure. Her body screamed in protest, but the rest of her felt much better. Because she and Kyle weren't just physical. Sure, he had the hottest body on the planet and could probably bring her over the edge without taking her pants off, but she was in love with his soul, with everything he was.

He let out a deep breath and smiled at her. She loved the haze in his eyes, the way he looked at her, as if she were the only light in the darkness.

And her chest filled with so much love, she felt it would literally explode any second if she didn't let it out. She linked her hands around his neck.

"I love you, Kyle Grant. More than I've ever loved anyone or anything in my life."

"And I love you, Kay Dickens. For bringing out the best in me, for breaking the damn bottle and for being just so freaking perfect."

He was going to make her melt. Literally. "Perfect? You mentioned a lot of my defects outside."

He raised an eyebrow. "Who said they were defects? Eyes of the beholder, sweetheart."