VI. SLYTHERIN PRIDE

CHAPTER SIX:

CHAPTER SIX:

SLYTHERIN PRIDE

    ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪    

      When Hogsmeade weekend finally came around, Nova found herself anxious about the meeting with Potter. She remembered Granger and Weasley mentioning that there would be no other Slytherins there, and Nova firmly believed that even if there had been, the rest of the students there would be more wary of the Nott with the Death Eater father than just a blood purist Slytherin.

      She made sure Parkinson and Bulstrode had exited the dorm before she sat up, throwing the covers off her legs. Once her feet were planted on the ground, she stood and walked over to her dresser. October meant cooler weather, so she made sure to throw on thick stockings underneath a plain black skirt, so her legs wouldn't be cold. After wrapping a warm coat around her shoulders, she made her way to the bathroom.

      The girl in the mirror looked nervous and timid. Konstantinova Nott didn't do nervous and timid. Quickly glaring at her reflection, she made sure she looked the part of the deadly Slytherin princess everyone knew her as while she brushed through her hair. "Don't be stupid, Nova," she whispered to herself in a hard tone. "They're Gryffindors. You're better than them."

      Her reflection didn't look convinced, but Nova thinned her lips and narrowed her eyes. Once her hair was brushed through, she made her way down the stairs, where Theo and his group of friends was waiting. Malfoy had already been towed away by Parkinson, so it left the twins with Greengrass and Zabini. Nova wasn't sure where Crabbe and Goyle had run off to, but she didn't care.

      "You ready for Honeydukes?" Theo questioned with a smile on his face. Nova's eyes zeroed in on his arm, linked to Greengrass. When he caught her line of sight, he sent her an eye-roll.

     "I actually have to make a stop first, but I'll meet you afterwards." Her twin gave her a confused glance, so she sent him a look. "I need to pick up your Christmas gift."

      "It's the beginning of October," he laughed out. "Christmas isn't for another two months."

      "Well, I want to make sure it doesn't sell out. I'll meet you guys in the Three Broomsticks afterwards. Merlin knows I'm going to need a butterbeer."

      "Alright. Just meet us there, then," Theo replied, giving her a quick tap on the head before he exited the common room, Greengrass and Zabini trailing behind. Once Nova was sure they'd left, she pulled out the letter she had gotten from Weasley the night before.

      Nott, meet us at Hog's Head tomorrow. And remember to not tell anyone where you're going.

      Nova rolled her eyes. As if she would be stupid enough to let anyone know she was going against her father, and with the likes of Harry Potter, no less. Quickly lighting the note on fire, she tossed it into the fireplace and rubbed the soot off her hands.