IX. TABLES TURNING

CHAPTER NINE:

CHAPTER NINE:

TABLES TURNING

    ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪    

      "I'm going... to kill you... both."

      Nova could barely get the words out before she was retching again, accepting the bucket one of the twins offered as she vomited violently. She wasn't sure when she had gotten herself into the habits of hanging out with the Weasley twins each night in the kitchens, but there she was, for the fourth night in a row. A night that, apparently, was the ringing in of a new product Fred and George had created.

      There had been nothing weird about the piece of taffy-looking orange and purple candy they offered. So when she shrugged and had taken a bite of the orange side (which they had, for the most part, demanded she eat first), the vomiting had started. Her stomach was recoiling in pain as as she emptied the contents of her stomach, certain that there wasn't any food left in her body.

      "Eat the purple end, woman! We've been telling you that for the last minute and a half," one of them yelled. This fact was true, but she wasn't about to trust anything that came out of their mouths after they had caused her stomach to erupt. However, the muscles in her throat and stomach were tiring out, so she managed to force the purple end of the chew down and sighed happily when the vomiting ceased. 

      "Merlin's beard, Nott, are you alright? When we tested it on ourselves, we didn't vomit nearly as much! Granted, this is the final version, but still."

      "Though, I expect some of that is your fault because you didn't eat the purple end when we told you to."

      The tabletop was refreshingly cool when she pressed her cheek against it. As she was closing her eyes, she heard the kitchens portrait swing open once more, and she figured it was either Ginny or Ron, both of whom happened to come to the kitchens every once in a while. 

      "Bloody hell, what did you two do to her?"

      "Puking Pastilles. We believe we finished the formula, and Nott here offered to test them out."

      "Don't you dare say that I agreed to that," she mumbled, angrily furrowing her eyebrows together though her eyes remained shut. "I agreed to eating a piece of candy, not whatever the bloody hell that was."

      The seat next to her moved and from her peripheral vision, she saw Weasley's familiar head of red hair. He gave her a dumb look, his mouth opening in shock when he saw the state she was in. "You alright, Nott?"

      "I hate your brothers," she said in response. "I hate them, and I hate you, and I hate every bloody Weasley ever."

       "If she's saying stuff like that, we reckon she's doing just fine," one of the twins cheered from behind her, clapping his hand against his brother's waiting palm. "We've got our rogue Slytherin back, not to worry."