XV. THE BEGINNINGS OF A STORM

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:

THE BEGINNINGS OF A STORM

    ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪     

      Nova wasn't trying to be rude by any means, but the last place she expected Ron Weasley to be was in the library. Granted, Granger was attached to his arm and was quite forcefully dragging him inside, but he didn't seem to be making too much of a fuss, so she figured he was going somewhat willingly. 

      She had been trapping herself in the library for two whole days, not even coming up for air to make her usual trips to the kitchens at night. She woke up, studied in her room, went to class, and then came here until Madam Pince insisted she had to leave. In those two days she hadn't seen Theo or any of the other Slytherins, let alone Potter's band of friends. However, not seeing them in the library at that very moment was highly illogical, since Nova was the only one there.

      "Oh," Granger said in surprise when she finally noticed Nova sitting at a table, surrounded by books. "Well. Hi, Nova."

      "Hi, Granger," Nova replied without looking up from her book on the history of Amortentia. Her eyes scanned a couple more sentences before her eyes finally trailed up, only to catch the smile of Granger and the deep red blush of Ron. Again, she would push off trying to understand what the slight blip in her heartbeat was until later. She didn't have time at the moment. "Hi, Weasley."

      "Mind if we study with you?" Granger asked. Nova raised a brow and gestured to Weasley's empty hands (as opposed to the five books Granger was managing to carry in her arms). 

      "Got a lot of books to study, have you, Weasley?" she questioned, a small laugh escaping her mouth. The sound and feeling was foreign and unfamiliar, but she needed to get used to things like that. Laughing, smiling. "But, yes, that's fine. Go ahead and sit. I've actually got to go pick up another book on Amortentia, since this one isn't doing the trick."

      "Amortentia. I didn't even think to study that," Granger said, her eyes going wide. "Do you think that will be on the Potions O.W.L.?"

      Nova shrugged, making her way to the rows and rows of library books. She didn't feel someone come up behind her, but she did hear Weasley's labored breathing as he tried to keep up with her. She wiggled in and out of rows, eyes scanning the shelves. When she finally did find the book she was looking for, she stood on her toes, her fingers inching closer and closer but ultimately coming up short. She tried to stretch herself further, but plopped back on the balls of her feet when she saw a sweater-clad arm reach up and grab it for her, bringing it down off the shelf.

      "Cheers," Nova said. That was something she'd have to get used to as well. Saying thanks. Letting people know that she was grateful. "Did you need something, Weasley?"