Prologue

A/N: Hey Wattpad, I'm sort of back. This story is one I've been working on for months now and decided to share with you all.  I've, in the past, become fed up with wattpad but I'm deciding to give it another go. 

Happy reading, 

Tana 

Prologue

                   If there was any place a woman would want to be, it would be in her man's arms. She'd want to be locked in his tight embrace, protected from all that could harm her and subjected only to the soothing rise and fall of his chest. There'd be no greater comfort than their naked legs tangled together and the occasional tender kiss they may share. And how could one not derive any feelings from such peace, protection, vulnerability, and harmony? It'd be only human to build a connection from a state of this sort.

                  But, as Eva was rudely shaken from her peaceful slumber, she could only assume that Palo Govani was anything but human.

"Eva, your cab is here."

                   The woman rolled off of the man's bare chest, tangling her naked body between his silk sheets to glance at the time. At that moment she couldn't help but hate herself. What was she even doing back here? What was she even doing with him?

                    She'd promised herself too many times that she would no longer answer his calls.

                     And yet, she was in his bed being rudely shaken awake at 4 am.

                    "Really Palo, you could not have let me stay the night?" Eva practically growled at the man as she detangled her body from his sheets and began finding her clothes. She could hear him shuffling around for his own clothes behind her. But she dared not look in his direction for if she did the dam behind her eyelids would break.

"Don't be so dramatic Eva, you know I'm a busy man."

                     Eva couldn't grasp what he could possibly be doing at 4 am. Especially for him to be kicking her out of their hotel room at this time. He couldn't be that busy, unless he was sleeping with other women. It wasn't as though the two were exclusive, although Eva longed for that, and for that reason she couldn't exactly complain like she sincerely wanted to.

                     It wasn't as though it were the first time Palo had done her so cruelly. In fact there'd been plenty of times before that and each time she'd promise herself she'd never be at his beck and call again. She was not the type of woman to just become one of a man's many of lovers. She wanted to be his only woman as he was the only man in her life. But Palo, being both handsome and wealthy, had women flocking to him by the loads and Eva regretted ever being involved with the man.

                    Any other woman would walk away from him and stop seeing him. Especially if his unwillingness to commit hurt them as it hurt her. But nothing when it came to Palo was ever simple.

                      Eva met Palo at a club she waitresses for about two years back. Many men flirted with her, of course they did, she walked around in skimpy shorts and high heels handing them alcoholic beverages. This was to be expected of drunk men in general, she was used to it. In fact she'd learned the art to gently turning the men down and still managing to get tips from them. She turned Palo down too about five times before actually agreeing to a date with him. Palo was persistent in his hunt for Eva. From the moment his eyes laid on her long silky black hair, almond shaped emerald eyes, and plump red lips he knew he had to have her.

                      Eva was not interested in going on a date with Palo. He intimidated her. Not just because the man was of amazing stature with well-defined muscles and a height that well surpassed her own, but because he was a no nonsense type of man. He had the sort of aura about him that let most people know he was not to be messed with. And the intimidating crowd he hung with only established that. Eva thought Palo was a gangster when she'd first met him and she certainly did not want to be involved with one. But his persistence to take her out made her cave.

                        It helped too that he was devilishly handsome. Palo was of Italian decent he had the beautiful tawny skin to show it. He wore a thick head of black curly lochs and they were always cut low and disheveled around his head. He had well defined cheek bones and small pink lips that sat perfectly on his face. His eyes were a captivating grey color, so bright they contrasted heavily with the bronze of his skin.

                       Eva was new to the town and she was lonely when she arrived. She had very little family and the family she did have wanted nothing to do with her. No one ever demanded to see her or went out of their way to be near her. Although Palo wasn't particularly romantic he did seem to want her. And for her it was flattering especially when he hadn't given up after her multiple denials. So she agreed to their date and a few after that. Palo wasn't a man of many words, but the words he did say were always meaningful. He made it clear he wasn't looking for a relationship. He was clear what his intentions were with her. He wanted her for a lover. And she agreed. I mean why not?

She lost her virginity to Palo.

Oh how she regretted that choice now.

                 Palo was a kind man, a protective man, and extremely caring. But he was anything but monogamous. She knew she could ask Palo for just about anything and he'd give it to her. There were too many times he'd offered for her to quit her job and allow him to take care of her. But she was not a prostitute, the very thought of taking money from the man just made her feel cheap. If he wasn't going to be in a serious relationship with her she definitely would not be taking any money he offered.

Too many times when it came to other men Palo made it clear that Eva was not to be touched. In this small city Palo had plenty of influence, people listened to what he asked of them. So occasionally someone just passing through would ask her out, but the men that were residents knew better. She never understood his possessiveness when they weren't together. But being that she had no interest in seeing other men she never spoke up against it.

"Hurry before the cab leaves." Palo grunted as he walked over to the petite woman to hand her the thong she appeared to be desperately searching for.

Eva snatched it from his hands without a word and slipped it on.

"I know where the door is." She snapped when she saw him about to open his mouth to say something else. With that she quickly turned away from him and exited the room. She would never see him again. At that moment she promised herself that one thing. She vowed to never let Palo have her again.