Chapter Nine Pt. 1

A/N: Hey guys, so this chapter is shorter than usual as I really don't have the time to update like I want , which is why this chapter is broken into two parts (I won't normally do this).

I think I might as well say this now, this story's adult themes will get a bit more explicit as the story progresses. By this I mean sex, violence, language, etc. I'm not going to provide warnings in the beginning of chapters (nothing to worry about in this chapter btw) so I'll just make this my first warning.

This chapter is not edited.

Enjoy,

Tana

----------------------------------------

Chapter Nine Pt. 1

Palo hadn't returned to get her yet and that was fine by her, she didn't pack her things as she was unsure about the suddenness of leaving her apartment to get whisked off somewhere with Palo. He was hardly attentive towards her when they were seeing one another so why would he care about her well-being now?

Eva peeked out of her blinds, a habit she seemed to have developed after the incident with the two detectives. She nervously nibbled on her thumb when she caught sight of the black sedan parked across from her apartment building. The sedan's appearance came shortly after Palo's departure the following night.

The woman didn't know if she should call Palo and inform him of the suspicious vehicle or if she was just overreacting because off all the recent drama in her life. A week ago, hell perhaps even a day ago, she wouldn't have questioned the presence of a car parked on the street. That's where cars were supposed to be parked, there really wasn't anything 'suspicious' about it. But that dark tint surrounding the windows of the large truck didn't allow for her to see who was inside. To top it off, she'd never recognized the vehicle before.

"Relax Eva." She scolded herself.

She wasn't able to get any rest, she'd stayed up all night waiting for Palo to come back and then when she'd finally attempted to get rest the nervousness settling into her conscious wouldn't allow her to. She now felt as though she needed to watch her back, as ridiculous as that may sound. Plus her fit of morning sickness hadn't allowed her sleep either.

Eva sat down on her couch in an attempt to calm herself only to find herself back at her living room's windows seconds later, peeking through the blinds at that damned sedan.

"I'm going fucking crazy." She hissed to herself.

A knock at her door had her jumping and the sudden slam of her door hand her gripping the lamp post beside her living room couch. It wasn't the handiest weapon, but it would do nonetheless to temporarily stabilize an attacker....or so she hoped.

"What are you doing?" a suspicious Nessa asked, eyeing the lamp Eva was gripping and her friend's wide eyes warily.

"I-" Eva began, but unsure as to how to explain herself she changed topic, "Give me your key."

Her hand was shaking as she held it out towards her friend awaiting for her to hand her the key.

"No."

"Yes, you've been barging in lately and it's making my nerves bad."

Nessa just raised an eyebrow, "Alright...what's really wrong with you?"

There'd been a black sedan parked across from her home since yesterday night, Palo was demanding she go with him somewhere so that she could be under his protection, and to top it off she'd just found out she was pregnant and had absolutely no idea what direction her life was leading in. Not to mention what she made at her job was enough to cover her own expenses, but a child? She'd need another job or worst, to rely upon Palo's help. Hell she didn't even know if it was appropriate yet to allow the man into her child's life. There was a lot wrong with her.