Chapter Seven

Author's Note: Currently Super excited I was able to get this to post. Hoping for two more updates this week if all pans out well!

BTW Happy New Year! And a Merry late Christmas! (So sad the holidays are over, I just love the holiday cheer)

Best,

Tana

Chapter Seven

                Eva hated the doctor's office almost as much as she hated hospitals. Each held their own series of bad memories that hunted her every time she'd step inside of one of those offices.  Her fear of the doctor's office was childish really, only a candlelight in comparison to the flame of the hospital. Most of her worries were about needles and shots, a duo combination that could make even a grown man avoid the doctor's office. But the hospital, the hospital held all of her worst memories.

                There was the time her mother almost overdosed on drugs, the time she'd broken a leg after falling down a flight of stairs, the time her father got into a fight with some men at a bar and got stabbed in his stomach...there were so many memories of her horrible childhood that she wanted to scratch out, but would forever be imbedded into her soul.

                She could only promise herself one thing, if she ever brought a child into this world she'd be the most caring, loving, understanding, watchful, and responsible parent she could be. She wouldn't be anything like her parents.

                "Medical card....medical card...medical card." Eva murmured to herself as she desperately searched her junk drawer. She avoided the doctor's office as much as possible, so she hadn't established herself her own physician yet. She sort of went to whatever office accepted her health coverage.

                "Aha," She said as she found it under a pile of dominos napkins she'd thrown into the drawer.

She was already dressed and prepared to make the trip to the doctor's, but almost didn't remember her medical card.

"Oh I'm glad you're all ready to go." A voice said from behind her causing her to jump.

"Nessa, can you knock or something first...ugh you're gonna make me regret giving you that spare key."

"Don't you want someone to check on you? What if something bad happens?"

"I have a roommate, remember?"

"Who is still on vacation need I remind you. Young, pretty, and living along is a sure way to attract predators."

"And what another young pretty girl is supposed to stop them if they do decide to come get me?" Eva asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Yes, I have super powers."

Eva just rolled her eyes, "Why are you here again?"

"I'm bored, thought I'd go with you to make sure you didn't chicken out of it." Nessa explained excitedly.

"Well, geesh how could ever thank you."

"Just say 'you're the greatest friend to ever exist' and we'll be pretty even."

Before Eva could reply her doorbell rang, successfully cutting off whatever remark she was about to say.

"Who isss itt?" Nessa sang as she whipped Eva's door open.

Eva was peaking over her shoulder to see who it was as well, and was surprised to see the two gentleman who'd been at the bar the night before standing in front of her door.