chapter 4 How?

Kalina diary: when I woke up today it was still dark out. I looked at my phone and it was 7:00 am. I felt so strange for some reason, and when I turned over expecting to see Alyssa, her body no longer on the bed beside me, And that was when I realized that I was in my bed. Not the bed I was sleeping in at one direction's hotel, but my own bed. The bed I had spent my teenage years sleeping on. I began to panic and shot up from the covers standing in my bedroom with its lavender painted walls.

Kalina's mind: okay what the hell is this.

The voice: Kalina looked around her room with fear in her eyes. She opened her bedroom door and dashed over to her mother's room. She knocks on her door hard and loud.

Mom: what is it kalina( yelling with an annoyed voice)

Kalina: mom can I come in?(the words came out of her mouth soft and scared)

The voice: It was silent for about 2 seconds and then Kalina heard her mother sigh. Kalina then heard her mother's foot steps coming towards the bedroom door and opening it.

Mom: Kalina what's wrong?

Kalina: mom I don't k_ know(stuttering a little) Im so confused and I.

The voice: before Kalina continued talking she fell into her mothers arm's and began to cry. Kalina's mother led her into her bedroom, and sat on her bed.

Mom: Kalina sweetie what's wrong (she says while combing her fingers through Kalina's hair)

Kalina: mom ( she says crying softly into her mom's shoulder) I think that.... something is wrong with me..

Mom: why do you say that honey?

Kalina: My head feels like its spinning around mom (she says calmly) I don't understand what's wrong with me.... one moment im in California and the next Im here at home.

The voice: The room was silent for a moment.

Mom: Kalina my angle(she says in a comforting tone) you were just dreaming. okay honey nothing but a dream (fingers still in between Kalina's hair)

Kalina's mind: How... how could that all have been a dream? how is this possible? I must be going crazy..

Mom: now lets get you back to bed okay sweetie?

Kalina: Mom can I sleep in your bed?

Mom: of course you can angle.

The voice: Kalina and her mom lay on the bed. Kalina's mom with her arm around Kalina. Kalina's mom drifted away back into sleep while Kalina lay awake thinking.

Kalina's mind: Maybe mom is right..... maybe my few days in California with Alyssa was all a dream. But why? how can a dream feel so real?

The voice: Kalina thought hard for a few more minutes before dazing off into her sleep.

*******************************************************

The voice: A few hours later Kalina wakes up alone in her mother's bed.

Kalina diary: Today I woke up in my mother's bed still confused. I could not stop thinking about what happened. I had a dream of several days in just one night. It all felt so real. But than again I was staying and haning out with one direction. The odds of that are rare, so I see how it was all a dream. I do wish it was not a dream. I wish that just for one day everything I wished for would come true. Sadly life does not grant wishes.