Serenity

Dedictated to: lovely_reader_96

You knew he would come... You knew he'd be here... You wanted him to be here... You willed it to happen. You pulled him to you...

My God. Never again in life would she ever see a face so beautiful on a man. Nyle was beautiful, that he was. But Tristan... She had missed that face. Missed waking up to it every morning. It was here. He was here. Now.

Everything around her disappeared. Vanished. She was aware of Nyle standing close to her, of his presence, of the distinct hypnotizing musk of his cologne that she loved... But she couldn't tear her eyes away from the back of that church. She could still make out the faint low murmur of the minister's voice but it sounded miles away, like it was in a tunnel somewhere. Everything seemed to be happening in slow motion. Her body was slightly turned towards Nyle but her head and eyes were focused on the striking masculine beauty in the back of the room.

Those eyes. His eyes. They pinned her in place. She felt her knees getting weak. Pools of sweat gathered on her back and in the valley of her beasts. Her chest felt constricted; it was almost impossible to breathe. Time stood still. All that mattered, all she was aware of, was him.

This was her wedding day. She was marrying a man who had been nothing but good to her. But all she could concentrate on was the one who'd loved her first. The one who'd wounded her. The one whose eyes were now hungrily scaling her body from the back of the church.

He looked different. His face was leaner. More gaunt. He had about a week's worth of stubble on his cheeks. His hair was longer in the front, tapered on the sides and the back. He was thinner. He looked like he hadn't been eating well or exercised in months. He was wearing a simple black tee and blue jeans and the t-shirt outlined his smaller chest perfectly. He looked delicious. She didn't know why she thought time would change that. The chest was smaller but still broad. The shoulders were still wide. The mouth still full and kissable. Lickable. And those eyes... His eyes were dark. Brooding. Intense. Dangerous. By his own admission, Tristan was a dangerous man. The world knew him as a fresh-faced, somewhat shy heart-throb, but there was a whole other side of him that the world and his fans didn't know about. And it was dark.

It would terrify her later when she found out just how dark and dangerous but even then it was more of a turn-on than a deterrent. Admittedly, that was one of the things that had instantly attracted her to him. There was an element of danger that seemed to swirl around him and leak from him and it.was.intox-i-cating. That intoxication was pulling her to him now. It was so strong she felt she could levitate in the air and float over to him.

Close your eyes to him. Close them. Turn back to your husband to be. Listen to the minister. Block him out. Block. Him. Out.

At that moment, as if reading her mind, Nyle put his hand to her arm and gave it a slight squeeze. She audibly gasped and looked up at him, her eyes wide. He'd seen nothing. He was still wearing that perfect grin; his eyes still bright with love and excitement. He squeezed her arm again and mouthed "I love you" to her. Serenity weakly smiled in return and nodded her head, the words stuck in her throat. Nyle turned back to the long-winded minister and softly sighed, still smiling and struggling to be patient as he waited on the Reverend to confirm their matrimony.

Serenity turned back to the minister as well but her eyes were soon lured back to the rear of the room. He was still looking at her. His eyes were hard as they eyed Nyle's hand on her arm. Serenity felt faint at the anger she saw in them. The anger held firm until his eyes drifted from Nyle's hand back up to her eyes and locked before moving them down her custom-made Vera Wang wedding gown. Serenity had purposely chose a form-fitting gown to show off her shape. It plunged at her breasts and was open at the back down to the top of her hips. It was all pearls and Victorian Lace.