TRISTAN

Warning: Graphic language ahead

"No."

Tristan's eye twitched as he looked over at him. "Nyle," he patiently began, "I really need to talk to Serenity. I need to tell her-"

"I said no."

"What are you afraid of? What, you think I'm going to talk to her and she'll realize she made a terrible mistake marrying you?"

"Fat chance."

"Then what's the harm in-"

Nyle's tone was patronizing as he leaned over the table to address him. "Isn't it ironic Tristan? Isn't it ironic that eight years ago, you all but stole her virginity and strung her along for a year until you realized she was way out of your league and she wasn't what you really wanted? And now, seven years later, your old comrade is married to her and laying it down to her every night, driving her out of her mind." Nyle sharply grinned; then his smile slowly faded to a visceral scowl. "To think, the only other man who knows how awesome your girl's p*ssy is is a man who was once your best friend. It's kinda like an episode of Scandal isn't it?"

Tristan harshly glared across the table at him, turning red.

"You want to know if I enjoy fucking the shit out of that juicy p*ssy every night? The p*ssy that used to be yours? The answer is yessssss. Abso-fuckin-lutely." Nyle put his ringed finger to his face and teasingly stroked his beard, enjoying Tristan's discomfort as he eyed it. "And you know what? You were right. She is amazing in the sack. And that p*ssy is amazing. After seven long years, you can only imagine how tight that shit was-"

"You son of a bitch-"

Tristan jumped up from the table with his fists balled. He made a move to lunge at Nyle then seeing the slick, satisfied look on Nyle's face, he retreated and slowly sank back in his chair. He glanced over at the lunch counter to make sure the ladies hadn't seen him and was relieved to see they were all busy or attending to other patrons.

Tristan looked back at Nyle and sadly shook his head. He bit his lip hard and put his hand to his mouth, running his fingers through his beard. He tried to think of a comeback but he was empty. He'd never felt so humiliated and so wounded in his life.

"You never would've thought it'd be me would you Tristan? Trustworthy Nyle. Reliable Nyle. Loyal Nyle. Well, I've got news for you bud. That Nyle is gone. He's never coming back."

"Yeah, you're riding the wave of a success I brought you," Tristan griped, leaning over he table to peer into Nyle's wicked blue eyes. "The success of a group I put together. You know you only rose to the top because I'm no longer in the spotlight."

"Right," Nyle sarcastically retorted. He put his ringed hand up and shook a finger at Tristan. "You know what? Maybe you're right. I appreciate that. Thank you. Because it put me in a position to have everything I want. Everything that you turned your back on and walked away from. Even better, it finally gave me her."