NYLE

I am the luckiest man in the world

The wedding was over and Nyle Wentworth was on cloud nine. The wedding had off without a hitch and he had married the woman of his dreams and the love of his life, without incident. The reception was dwindling down and only a few people remained, including his mother and step-father. Nyle was idly standing in the back of the huge reception hall of the church, beaming widely, taking it all in and counting his blessings. He couldn't have dreamed a more appropriate wedding day. The reception had been fun and festive. He and Serenity had danced their first dance to an original composition that Nyle had written just for her. It was called "The Day" and it was broken down into three parts: The day they met, the day he realized he was in love with her, and the day he proposed. There hadn't been a dry eye in the house while the song played, including his and Serenity's.

Afterwards, they had made their rounds, thanking friends and family for their attendance and never-ending love and support and they'd received heartfelt well-wishes in return. The gift table was stacked beyond capacity and there were even more outside in the limo that was waiting to take them to the private jet that would whisk them away to their honeymoon destination.

Nyle glanced over at Serenity and his breath hitched in his throat. As long as he lived, he felt he would never get used to her breath-taking beauty. She was honestly the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, and he didn't feel that way just because he loved her and because she was his wife. It was her spirit. It was the way she loved him. The way she took care of him. The way she made him feel. He had given her the wedding of her dreams and she had deserved every penny that was spent. She seemed happy. He hoped she was happy. He knew she was still conflicted about things. Like Tristan's family for one. Nyle had noted Tristan's mother Katherine had abruptly gotten up and briefly left the church not long after the pastor had sealed their matrimony. He guessed watching the woman her son loved marrying someone else was hard on her.

When he and Tristan were growing up, Katherine had been like a second mother to Nyle but things understandably became somewhat strained and tense when he started dating Serenity. She was distantly polite but still reserved. He appreciated her coming to the wedding and he hoped they could rebuild their relationship in the near future. He knew Serenity was still close to her and he wanted to share that bond with her. He knew it would take some time but he was still hopeful.

Nyle felt his heart skip several beats when Serenity looked over at him and smiled. She briefly held eye contact with him then turned her attention back to the person she was standing alongside. She was engrossed in a deep conversation with her best friend Kara, their heads close together; their eyes bright with laughter, their hands cupped around their mouths as if they were sharing some dirty joke. Knowing Kara and her filthy mouth, they probably were.

Nyle swallowed hard as her beauty continued to consume his vision. She was finally his. Mrs. Nyle Wentworth. Tonight, when he finally made love to her for the first time, she would be his in every since of the word. He couldn't wait to bury himself deep inside of her. He had been waiting for that moment for so long. It was long overdue.