[ 12: How to color scheme ]

Sorry for vanishing quickly, but now I wont be gone till dec.

Anyway, this was requested by lotteholder if you have any other ideas on what I should do then please comment in the 'request here' part. This will help me to update this more and more.

How to chose the perfect color scheme. Now it wont be perfect but I'll try to blend everything.

I believe, coloring is the main part of a graphic. Even if you perfect in the placing textures, models, font correctly and if your coloring isn't right then the cover isn't right XD. In the beginning, alot of people tend to add to many psds just to get the coloring right BUT its not that way. From what I learned, adding too many psds once can increase the saturation and vibrancy at to which point the cover looks darn ugly. We all used to/still do once.

For cover, I defiantly wont recommend to use a lot of psds. However for blends and banners feel free to use as many.

So now onto the part where you can perfect coloring scheme would be actually knowing what coloring scheme from before hand. Have a vision on what you want, a pinkish cover, a matte brown cover or sea blue. I usually go for deep, dangerous browns to dark blues.

Don't just try 100 psds on the cover then select which one looks the best because then nothing really will look nice also dont try to repeat the same coloring in every cover unless you are craze about it.

So here is a cover I made a long time ago, this is without any coloring.

Now from the cover, you can clearly see that I am aiming for a brownish color scheme

Now from the cover, you can clearly see that I am aiming for a brownish color scheme. Which is why I told you to decide the coloring you want before making the cover. As you can see all the textures, lightning or the model is some kind of brown itself.

If I was going for a blue cover, then everything would be blue before hand.

Now what it looks like after psd and topaz

See any major color difference? No. Expect for the psd cuts out the white spaces left and just makes it better.

Don't depend to much on psds, focus more on the layers you are adding into the cover.

For those who want to know which particular psds I use then you can check it out in my deviantartfaves http://dead-rot.deviantart.com/favourites/

Thank you.