3

Kelani Talia Rios:

"Hayes stop!" I said laughing cause he was tickling me.

"Nope" he said popping the 'p'

"Please!" I squealed.

"Fine" he said and finally stopped.

"So what do you want to do?" He said.

"Movies!" I said like a little kid.

"Okay! And look you aren't stuttering" he said making me blush like crazy.

"Lets go downstairs and get some snacks" he said getting up and reaching his hand out for me to take. I grabbed it and we walked downstairs.

"Hayes?" I asked sitting on the counter.

"Yes?" He said putting the popcorn in the microwave.

"Why are you being so nice to me? Most people look at me, try to talk to me, and then when I don't say anything they think I'm a mute"

"You're different. When I walked in the classroom, my eyes instantly landed on you. You were beautiful. And you looked so innocent" he said walking over to me.

"But why didn't talk before?"

"When me and Kolton were younger, he was always the 'star kid'. I was basically the 'reject'. Even in school. Everyone noticed him and loved him. Nobody really cared about me. If I were to speak, no one would listen. So i just gave up. However, this eventually led to bullying. Everyone called me a 'mute' or a 'freak' because of it. Every day i'd come home crying...but nobody noticed. My mom was either too busy working or cleaning the house. Possibly even stressing over the fact that my dad was never there. Kolton...he didn't even care. He'd look at me and walk on. If only he knew how much those glares he sent me actually hurt" i said while starting to tear up as flashbacks of these memories flooded my thoughts.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry" Hayes said hugging me.

"It's fine. I'm used to it. Can we just go watch the movie?" I asked.

"Yeah" he said grabbing some sodas.

We rushed up the stairs and flopped on his bed.

He grabbed the remote and put on a scary movie.

"Hayes I don't like scary movies!" I whined.

"It's okay I'm right here" he said pulling me closer to him.

"Do you want to change into something more comfortable?" He asked.

"Um...I guess" I said and he got up and went to his closet.

"Here you go! He said and tossed me a 'Polaroid' t-shirt.

I walked to the bathroom and put it on. It fit me like a dress cause I'm so short.

I walked out the bathroom to see that Hayes had changed into basketball shorts and he didn't have a shirt on.

"Hey!" He said when he looked up.

"Hi" I said with a slight smile.

"You look cute in my shirt" he said making me blush like crazy.

He walked up to me and gave me a small kiss on my cheek making me blush even harder.

God the things this boy does to me

•••••
I really liked this chapter