Pregnant Part 5

This is an immediate and I mean immediate pick up from the last one. No time has passed.

     The babies cried, and cried, and cried. It was okay though, because the sound actually filled my life with joy. My legs still shook and my breathing was heavy. I had only delivered 15 minutes ago, my body was still covered in a cold sweat and blood still coated the sheets. I handed Rhys our little princess as he gently sat down on the bed beside me. He was crying. And I mean crying. I have seen Rhys cry but never like this- he was so happy.
"Honey- our babies are so beautiful." He kissed my head and our princess' head. Our children both had Rhysand's eyes and hair but they had my face shape, my nose, and my lips for sure.
The healer cleaned up my war area- down there- and she gently pushed my legs down. I let out a shout as she did, but I kept them wide as they healed from the soreness. Two other healers came then and as Rhys took our children, the three doctors lifted my body up as another lady exchanged my blanket and sheets for a softer set of black sheets and a cream colored satin blanket, which they wrapped around my naked body- leaving my chest exposed. "Would you like to try and feed your babies?" The blonde healer chirped.
"Um," I hadn't really thought about that aspect of motherhood. Would it hurt? I suppose I could try. She showed me how and after twenty frustrating minutes I finally got the babies to drink some of my milk. It was exhausting! I was still naked with the satin blanket wrapped around me and my very naked newborn children on my chest as a knock sounded on the door.
"Hey. It's Mor and the rest of us. Can we come in?"
Rhysand looked at me to make sure I was comfortable with it.
"Yeah! Just give us a second!" He took the babies and wrapped them in their own separate blankies. Our baby girls eyes were wide open and she let out a perfectly small yawn when Rhys handed her back to me. He held our baby boy and said, "Come in!"
One by one they filed through the door, gasping as they got closer to the bed.
Mor- in her humor- whispered, "Feyre! You're naked!" I laughed, but it hurt my lower abdomen so I kind of grunted instead.
They all brought chairs over to the bed side, circling us, but before sitting they all kneeled and bowed their heads.
"To our leaders children, they are ours to protect as well as yours. We will keep them safe and always fulfill their needs." Cassian led.
"The inner circle has two new members it seems." Azriel murmured as Rhys handed him our baby boy.
You could most definitely see the tear stains around his eyes, but no one said anything to their high lord.
"Aren't they perfect?" I said as I handed our identical girl to Amren.
"Yes. They are.. so.. so beautiful." Then a tear escaped her eye and fell onto her cheek. I have never seen Amren cry, much less Show any emotion at all. It was shocking.
Just then the blonde healer came in and told everyone to get it. Of course they groaned and whines but we did want some time alone with our newborns. Even the healer left the room, leaving just the four of us.
"Feyre, darling, you and I make the prettiest babies in the world. Thank you- thank you for-" Rhysand lost it. He cried again on this day for maybe the sixth time and he buried his head in my shoulder as he did. "Thank you for honoring me in this way. It means- it means a lot."
My mate. My mate.
I looked down at my hand, the wedding ring that I retrieved from the weaver laying upon my ring finger. It was his. I was his. I loved him, and I was more honored than he was to even have carried the children, yet alone feed them from my body and call them ours. I looked at this man- my mate- and I looked at our children, and I thought to myself, how could anyone ever thing that he is not sweet and kind?
I have him a gentle kiss and dried his tears with my fingers. Our children were already
watching us and already looking at us with awe in their eyes. I was so tired that I fell asleep holding my daughter as Rhys held his son. Oh how I love this life.

Hey so sorry this is like 400 words short of the usual length of these. I just kinda wanted to make this one short to capture the moment. I plan on doing some more of these pregnancy things so NO they are not over yet!
~Eleanor