Worth It

Hello. This was kinda inspired by the song Third Eye by Florence + The Machine. It is an amazing song. LISTEN TO ITTTT
Also sorry this one is really short.

     I was curled up on our bed in the dark, trembling. I felt low again. I felt down and gone forever. All I wanted was to stop time and never have it start again. We defeated Hybern, yes. But war never comes without nightmares. I woke up almost every night crying and shaking, still healing. Rhys was there to hold me and rock me back to sleep, every time. He was not here tonight. He had business to settle in the war camps. I decided to stay in Velaris because someone needed to run the city.
       I tried to go back to sleep, pretend Rhys was there holding me, but to no such luck. Through the bond I sent my feelings of despair, and he answered right away.
    Not long after, I heard the door creek open and feather-light footsteps walk across the lush carpet. There was a weight on the bed behind me and suddenly arms lifted me up and held me.
   "Feyre, it's okay. I'm here. It's okay." Rhys said, his voice soft and answering, giving me anything I needed. I held him tighter than I thought possible, his warm skin against my hands, my head in his shoulder. He stroked my hair and rubbed my back. He huffed a laugh as the lamps soft light lit up the room.
  "Feyre, darling, it seems as if you have ripped  off your clothes." I looked down and all I saw was my naked body, coated with a thin layer of sweat. I curled closer to him, closing my eyes and breathing him in.
  "Do you have a problem with that?" My voice was muffled by his shoulder.
  "Of course not."
     There was nothing sexual about this tonight. I did not want there to be. Tonight I just needed him to hold me, tell me I was okay, that I am his. He knew what I wanted and what I did not want. My mate. My beautiful mate. Mine.
   I let down the walls to my mind, and as he felt it he let down his as well. Our minds curled in around each other and I felt safe again.
I was home.
I was not going to leave.