0.3

Brooklyn's POV *At STAR Labs*

"So Barry, how was your trip?" I asked Barry as he, Iris, and I were at STAR Labs walking to the front near the stage.

"Did you find proof of the impossible in Starling City or did you two just make my dad mad for no reason?" Iris teased. Nobody ever believes us. I love Iris but she doesn't actually know what happened that night, and sometimes it gets on my nerves. Very rarely though.

"Actually, while I was away, I had a chance to think about...you know relationships," Barry said to Iris. I rolled my eyes, Barry is always pining over Iris it's literally like I'm invisible right now. Iris looked at him interested in what he was saying. "And-well... I'm not in one. And you're not in one, either. And you're my best friend, Iris," Barry said.

"You're mine too," Iris said smiling, "Why else would I be here?"

"What am I? Chopped liver??" I said throwing my hands up in frustration.

"Aww we love Brooklyn, don't you forget that," Iris said siding hugging me. I hugged her back and I smiled at her, Iris is like the big sister I never had. Whenever I had a crush or a boyfriend in highschool, Iris was the one I went to because Barry's 'overprotective-big brother mode' would turn on. I went back to Barry's side and elbowed him to go on. Barry just smiled and rolled his eyes at me.

"That's not what I meant. What I--" Barry started. He was just about to confess his feelings for Iris when she interrupted.

"I know what you're going to say Barry," Iris interrupted.

"I'm not sure you do," I said trying to get Barry to tell her.

"Even though we pretty much grew up in the same house together, and we're kind of like brother and sister, because we're not brother and sister, it can get really weird and awkward to talk to me about girls. But I just want you to know that it shouldn't be awkward. Brooklyn here always comes to me to talk about her boyfriends. It wasn't awkward for her so it shouldn't be for you. There is nothing that I want more than for you to meet the right person that totally loves and adores you for the amazing guy that you are," Iris said. When Iris told Barry that I talk about boys with her, his head whipped around to me and he glared. I smiled innocently and hugged his arm. He gave me a 'you are so busted' look before resuming talking to Iris.

He fake-laughed and said "Took the words right out of my mouth." I elbowed Barry hard and he looked at me.

"Why didn't you tell her??" I whispered.

"Because, she...I-I don't think right now is the right time," Barry whispered back.

"That's what they always say," I replied rolling my eyes.

"Who's they? Also what's this thing about secret boyfriends Iris is talking about?" Barry asked. He put his arm around me and pulled me closer too him when he saw a boy about my age looking at me in what he classified as the 'wrong way.'

"We'll talk about that at home," I stalled, still whispering.

"What are we whispering about?" Iris whispered.