0.4

Brooklyn's POV *Still at STAR Labs*

Right before Barry and I were about to make up some lame excuse, Dr Harrison Wells took stage. Barry and I started clapping happily and excitedly partially because we were glad we didn't have to explain anything to Iris and the other half because I didn't have to keep getting grilled by Barry about my boyfriends I didn't tell him about.

"Thank you," Dr Wells said as he stood at the podium, "My name is Harrison Wells. Tonight, the future begins. The work my team and I will do here will change our understanding of physics. We'll bring about advancements in power, advancements in medicine, and trust me, that future will be here faster than you think." We started clapping and cheering again when Iris got shoved.

She then said to Barry, "Oh, hey, my laptop! It's got my dissertation." She pointed to the guy running through the crowd with Iris's laptop bag. Barry immediately sprinted after the guy but knowing my older brother. He couldn't get far without bumping into or running over people. And then, being the nice person he is apologizes to them. He is sweet but there's no point in running if he's going to keep stopping to apologize. I took off sprinting after the guy as well and soon passed Barry up. I rounded the corner of the building and the guy pushed me up against the wall.

"Hey, just give me the laptop bag and I promise you won't regret it," I said panting and stalling.

"Sorry babe but that's not happening," the guy said bringing his face close to mine. I mentally gagged at the smell of the guy's breath, it was beyond disgusting. I stepped on his foot and the guy grabbed my wrists tightly. He shoved me into the wall and just got closer. Just when he was about to do lean in, Barry rounded the corner and saw me struggling to get out of the guy's grip. Barry looked at me and back at the guy figuring out what he should do.

"All right, kid, you don't have to do this, all right? Just let my sister go and give me back my friend's bag, and we'll call it even. Okay?" Barry said trying to reason with the guy. Barry slowly inched forward as when the guy let go of me. The guy whacked Barry and pushed me to the ground, the impact causing my head to bounce it hit the wall behind me. I saw the guy jump the fence before things started getting slightly blurry. It started raining on us.

"Barry! Brooklyn! Are you two okay!?" Iris asked rounding the corner when she saw us.

"Yeah," Barry wheezed as I nodded. I got a few bruises and a possible concussion, and Barry's nose was bleeding. I tried to stand up and when I finally succeeded I started to stumble making my way over to Barry. My legs were wobbly and it made me stumble. Barry hugged me and I hugged back to the best of my abilities at the moment. Barry and I broke the hug and he just helped me stand. I one put arm around Barry's shoulders and another around Iris's. They both helped steady me before I let go and tried to walk on my own. My legs were still wobbly and I had a killer head ache. I concluded it was a minor concussion. I turned around to see Barry and Iris looking at me with concern.

"I'm fine guys. With an ice pack and a few days of rest I'll be good as new," I have a breathy laugh. Barry and Iris smiled at me. Iris walked towards me and gave me a big hug.

"Freeze! Police!" we heard. We looked and saw a blonde cop holding a gun to the guy who stole the bag. "Or do you want to find out the hard way that you're not faster than a bullet."

*At CCPD*

Barry and I were sitting together on the couch while Iris sat in the 'loner' chair as I like to call it. I rest my head on Barry's shoulder while he put a ice up to his face. He had his arm around my shoulders. I was holding an ice pack up to the back of my head. "Who is that guy, and what is he so proud of? So he caught a mugger," Iris ranted.

"Yeah, I haven't seen him around," I said looking up at Barry.

"He's a transfer from Keystone. Started a few weeks ago. Eddie Thawne," Barry said.

"Thawne, what kinda last name is Thawne. A hundred years from now his descendants will be named something stupid like, Eobard. How does that sound? Eobard Thawne. Sounds dumb right?" I said to Barry and Iris making them laugh at my immaturity.

"Oh, that's Detective Pretty Boy," Iris realized. Barry gave her a look and I wiggled my eyebrows and her.

"That's what my dad calls him. Says he actually keeps score when it comes to arrests. He is pretty though," Iris said stifling her laugh when she looked at me.

"Damn right he's pretty," I agreed. I had mumbled it under my breath but Barry evidently heard me when he turned and glared at me while shaking his head 'no.' I rolled my eyes but smiled at Barry. He smiled back and squeezed my shoulders "Bare, I'm gonna head home. I'm really tired," I said to Barry.

"Okay I should head up to my lab and finish things up anyway. Don't wait up on me, sleep tight, and good night," Barry said kissing my head as he and I stood up.

"Night," I replied as I hugged him. I asked Iris for a ride to Barry's apartment. She agreed and we left the CCPD.

*At Barry's apartment*

I changed into my pajamas and turned on the news. I heard a thunderclap outside. I hope everything is running smoothly at STAR Labs. "I'm Linda Park, and we're live outside S.T.A.R. Labs despite the inclement weather, which is only going to get worse. The torrential downpour has in no way affected the particle accelerator, which is up and running smoothly according to S.T.A.R. Labs CEO Harrison Wells. The weather has also..." I stopped listening to the tv and looked outside. The storm was really picking up, Joe is still out looking for the Mardon brothers too. I payed attention to the tv again when the lady sounded panicked. "Wait, we're now being told to evacuate the facility. The storm may have caused a malfunction to the primary cooling system. Officials are now trying to shut down the particle accelerator, but so far, have been unable to regain control of the system..."  I looked outside again and saw the particle accelerator explode. I jumped and hid behind the couch. When it was over I looked at the CCPD and saw lightning hit the building. It hit Barry's lab....oh no..no..nonononono.....I grabbed my jacket and the apartment keys. I slipped on my shoes and ran out of Barry's apartment towards the CCPD.

I finally got back to the CCPD and I ran upstairs to Barry's lab. I looked around the lab. There was glass everywhere. One of Barry's chemical shelves was knocked over too....and Barry was knocked out on top of it. It looked as if his clothes were burnt. He was struck by the lightning....Tears were streaming down my face as I rushed over to his body. I checked his pulse, it was there but it was faint. I called 911 and told them what happened. As my crying turned to sobs, I called Iris next.

*At the hospital*

I was crying with Iris as the nurses tried to hold us back. "HE'S MY BROTHER! WE'RE FAMILY!" I yelled at the nurse.

"He's all she has left! Please let her in!!" Iris cried. They finally pushed us out and shut the doors. I turned to Iris and I hugged her and cried into her shoulder.

"This can't be happening..."I mumbled into Iris shoulder as I cried. "I can't lose him too. Iris what am I going to do? What if something happens to him? I love him so much Iris. What am I supposed to do with my big brother?" We sat down and she put my head on her shoulder. She was whispering reassuring things to me but I knew Iris had tears still coming and I also knew mine wouldn't stop until I knew for certain that Barry would be okay. Joe rushed into the hospital and he cried as well. He took a seat next to me and rubbed my shoulders while crying. I cried my eyes out until I fell asleep. Right before my eyes shut I saw Joe kiss my forehead, tears streaming down his face.