0.7

*At CCPD* Brooklyn's POV

Barry and Joe embraced as Iris and I watched. Oh, how I've missed my big brother... "Oh, you scared the hell out of us kid, especially little Brooklyn over there," Joe stated as he and Barry stopped hugging.

"Yeah, that was quite the nap you took there baby face, and you still look twelve," another officer said patting Barry's back as he walked by. I let out a laugh.

"You look okay, are you really?" Joe asked concerned.

"Yeah," Barry replied smiling.

"Detective West, we've got a 5.15 in progress at Gold City Bank, two dead. Storm's really picking up on the South side. I'd grab your rain gear," a police woman told Joe, interrupting the brief reunion.

"I'm sorry, Barry. I got to run," Joe said putting on his jacket. I made my over to Iris and rest my head on her shoulder while she looked around the room for Eddie...her boyfriend. She looked at me and smiled while putting her arm around my shoulders pulling me closer to her. I really love Iris, she's the best sister I could have asked for. I don't know how many times I've praised her but I truly appreciate her with all my heart. Although, she could sometimes be oblivious to many things. Like the way Barry's gaze lingers on her, or the way he smiles at her. Or the obvious look in his eyes when he watches her, that screams 'I love you' which people who don't even know Barry can easily spot when he is looking at Iris.

"Do you need my help?" Barry asked stepping forward.

"Noooope," I said stepping forward and grabbing his arm.

"You have spent nine months sleeping. I'm not going to let you take on a police case the same day you wake up from your coma. Besides, we need some quality brother-sister time. ASAP," I stated pulling him backwards. Barry laughed as Joe agreed with me.

"Yeah, listen to your sister for once. Take it easy. There'll be plenty for you to do once you settle in. Let's go partner," Joe said once Eddie came into sight.

"Hey Allen," Eddie said. Both Barry and I perked up but I quickly realized he was talking to Barry. We both get referred to as 'Allen' a lot. "Glad to see you," Eddie continues.

"Thanks Eddie," Barry smiles. Iris stepped forward and started fixing her hair inconspicuously.

"Hey Iris," Eddie spoke with a lovesick tone in his voice. I mentally gagged and rolled my eyes. Eddie was a great guy and all but Barry's loved Iris for as long as I can remember and then this guy comes out of nowhere and takes her from him.

"Detective, you should go. My dad doesn't like to be kept waiting," Iris replied harshly. Eddie's smile faltered but quickly returned. I smiled a little even though it was just an act.

"Glad your back," Eddie said to Barry. Eddie turned to me and smiled. I smiled back and he left after Joe. I didn't notice Barry had slipped out of my grip as I talked to Iris.

"That was a little harsh back there..." I trailed off.

"Yeah, I'm not sure I'm ready for Barry to know either. If he found out he'd probably tell my dad and I know I'm not ready for my dad to know I'm dating his partner," Iris sighed.

"You should tell him Iris. Joe is really accepting. The more you keep delaying it, the worse his reaction will be when he finds out," I said. Iris nodded and stepped over to Barry as he stared at Detective Chyre's picture in the police memorial box.

"The night of the explosion, Clyde Mardon shot and killed Chyre. Mardon and his brother died trying to escape. Their plane crashed," Iris said to Barry.

"Iris, got a minute? Hey Barry, good to see you. Hey squirt," an officer said before pulling Iris to the side. All of a sudden, one of the criminals getting his fingerprints done started acting up and the police officers slammed him into the desk. I screamed a little and Barry was by my side instantly.

"Screw you!" the guy yelled, but he was looking at me the whole time. Barry must have noticed because he stepped in front of me and glared at the guy. I glared at the guy a little too but my glare wasn't as intimidating as Barry's was. Iris suddenly popped out of nowhere and asked Barry,

"You okay?" I looked up at Barry and saw that he was all dazed.

"I-I'm fine. I....I just need some air. But I'll call you two tonight okay?" Barry said before slipping out the back door of the police station. Iris and I shared a look.

"Okay are you going to follow him or should I?" she asked.

"Let's give him some space. I'm sure he's fine," I replied. She smiled and gave me a hug.

"I guess we'll see him later. Remember, when you see him again, bring Barry to our house for dinner."

"Okay I will, now that he's gone do you want to just hang out at Jitters?" I asked Iris.