Chapter 二 (2)

Last time on 'Always by my side':

As Natsu's eyes bore into hers he said, "If I can't have you, no one will..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As night approaches Natsu moved Lucy on to his bed, then tied the other end of the scarf to the bed post. Making sure that the knot was tight so his sleeping beauty wouldn't be able to escape easily. Satisfied with his handy skills, he smirked evilly at Lucy.

"Sleep tight Lucy." The said girl was fast asleep while Natsu locked all the doors and windows, he had asked Happy to stay over at someone else's for the night. Natsu silently watched over Lucy who slept peacefully on the bed. He wondered how he fell in love in the first place, why did he react possessively over her? Thinking to hard made his brain hurt so he decided to sleep it off. After some time he couldn't find himself to sleep, he had nightmares about Lucy being with someone else and not him, leaving him, not loving him back. With just the thought, Natsu want to punch something. His animal instincts began taking over. Natsu's fangs were longer and scales appeared.

"Fuck..." Natsu cursed trying to keep himself in tacked, and was well aware that his angel might awake from all the noise. All night he kept thinking about who was the guy she liked, but no one in particular caught his attention. He didn't care who it was, he had to make sure that Lucy was his and his alone. Even if he'd have to hurt someone, he would gladly do it to make Lucy his.

Soon morning came and it was time to head to the guild, he decided that they should go otherwise their friends would get suspicious if both where no where to be found. He untied the scarf and woke Lucy up, he then gave her something to eat and dragged her out of the house. Natsu had not let go of Lucy's wrist just in case she'd try run away. Before they went into the guild, Natsu stopped and looked at Lucy with a serious face.

"Don't try anything funny," he spoke coldly. He let her wrist go and walked inside, what should I do? I'm really scared, Lucy thought. She then followed Natsu into the guild. Lucy walked over to Mirajane and sat by the counter.

"Hi Lucy, what's the matter?" Lucy gave Mira a weak smile then looked down at the counter.

"Things are changing Mira, I don't know what's happening anymore." Lucy let out a deep sigh and forced her tears from falling.

"I just don't know anymore. I'm so scared, my best friend had just turned into a beast!" Mira was shocked.

"Are you talking about Natsu?" She glanced his way and saw that he was picking a fight with Gray as usual. There's nothing wrong with him, Mira assumed.

"Yes, I'm really scared of him. He's different, kidnapping me and forcing me!" Lucy exclaimed. That's not possible, Natsu would never do anything like that.

"Lucy, I just think that you are under some stress, maybe your not seeing things as they should be." Mira tried to help, but Lucy gave her a look of disbelief and hurt.

"Why would you say that Mira. I think that I'm wise enough to know what's going on with my friends," she stood up and started walking.

"I thought you of all people would understand." Lucy kept on walking with out glancing back. What just happened? Mira wondered. As she watched Lucy go she saw that Lucy's wrists were purple, but she kept quiet. Lucy walked away from the person who she thought would be the wisest to talk too, but she was wrong. Alone Lucy sat a table and felt Natsu's eyes on her from somewhere in the guild. I wish to disappear, she thought. I wish for this to all go away, I want Natsu to go back to the way he was. The Natsu I love. As Lucy was sitting by herself, Natsu just stared at her and went back to fighting Gray. Then all of a sudden a poof sound was heard and Loke appeared. Natsu smelt Loke's scent in the guild and stopped fighting. He looked over towards Lucy and got pissed at what he saw. Natsu walked over to them glaring at the mans back while approaching.

"Loke, what are you doing here?" Lucy was in the state of shock as to why one of her spirits would just appear.

"I felt your sadness, so I came to rescue you." Loke smirked seductively.

"Okay, please just get me away from Natsu!" Loke said no words and lifted Lucy, carrying her bridal style.

"GET YOU HANDS OFF OF HER!" Loke looked behind him and saw Natsu glaring at him, which caught the attention of the whole guild. With a straight face Loke answered,

"I'll do as my master wishes." Natsu hated Loke. He hated how close Loke was next to Lucy, his Lucy. Never like the way he flirted with her, or how Lucy would depend on him. Natsu hated that Loke had a deep relationship with Lucy and she could always count on him to protect her. As for Natsu, he was just a partner, a friend, not some spirit that Lucy held a contract too.

"I WON'T STAND FOR ANYONE ELSE TOUCHING HER!" Natsu was now engulfed in flames of hatred. He couldn't stand it, the way Loke touched his woman, the way he would make her blush. Dammit! Why him, why a lion? Why couldn't it be a dragon?

"Natsu, what's going on here?!" Erza asked deciding that there was a lot of tension between the two. Natsu just ignored Erza and looked straight at Lucy and Loke. Lucy was getting freaked out a lot by their glares. She gripped onto Loke's suit tighter.

"Loke please!" Lucy was literally begging to get away from Natsu's dark glare. Loke nodded, but before they left into the spirit world the last thing Lucy saw was Natsu's dark eyes that were piecing into hers.

"You won't escape me Luce. I will find you." Was all Natsu said as he watched Lucy disappear.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how was that? The more votes and comment the quicker updates :)

-animeloves1