Chapter 八 (8)

"You are MINE Lucy Heartfilia..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Natsu paced back and forth while Lucy sat watching him on his bed. This time he did not tie her to the post afraid that she would reject him further. It hurt him that she had tried to deny him, all he wanted from her was her love.

He had finally stopped pacing and decided to face his pain, "I just don't understand... Why is it that you don't love me back?" He stared right at her, seeking only for the truth. Lucy was speechless. It wasn't like she was playing hard to get, that was not it at all. 

She watched the man that has countlessly saved her life as a tear leaked down his toned cheek, "It's not like  I don't love you Natsu.." She averted her eyes from him.

"THEN WHY HAVE YOU REJECTED ME?!" She couldn't look at him. After a long silence, he began talking again, "Why did you run? Why did you hide? The three months that you were gone were the most painful Luce, I was going insane. I nearly destroyed everything. And the moment that I caught your scent and saw you at the guild I was taken away only for you to go and hide behind those bastards Sting and Rogue." Natsu clenched his fists.

"I didn't intend for you to feel that way Natsu... I have always loved you, so much that it hurt sometimes. I don't how whether it was the feelings of friendship or the feeling of wanting to be your lover, but I do love you. Since I was unsure of my feelings and thought that you were an oblivious nutcase I didn't think much of it. But when you turned all serious that day, I was just scared. I felt like I didn't know what you were thinking or why you did the things you did. So I ran. I ran in order to escape the possibilities of being with a Natsu I didn't understand. I ran because I was scared and confused." Big fat tears ran down her face as she cried her heart out. Natsu looked at her in shock. It was him going on a rampage that made her scared and rejected him. Maybe if he didn't rash out and explained the situation to her, she would have had accepted him.

He sat in front of her, snaked his arms around her waist and buried his face in her stomach. "I'm sorry," was all he said as Lucy wrapped her arms around his head.

"As part of being a first generation dragon slayer, we are part dragon. We inherit dragon spirit, senses and ways of life. A way of life is to find a mate, in your case a soul mate. Someone that is destined for you and that person is the one you spend the rest of your life with. But, there is a price to pay if you are a dragonslayers mate. Every mate pays a different price depending on the type of dragon slayer."

"Our iron dragonslayer Gajeel, his mate which is Levy will pay the price of personal space. Since iron is cold and hard, Gajeel will want to feel warmth from his mate and his mate would have to be a soft loving person. Levy would have to give him physical contact most of the time, and that includes hugging and kissing."

"Wendy, as a wind dragonslayer, she would want to feel comfort. Because wind flows from place to place, and the only way to stop wind is using force. That's not what she wants, she wants to stop gently and feel comforted by her mate. The price is to put her before their needs otherwise it will not work out between the two."

"Fire has always had a reputation of burning. That's what it is, but if you look at it in another way, there is so much more to fire. What I as a fire dragon want, is to be accepted and to have attention. The price you'd have to pay would be giving me all you attention and have no contact with other males. That is if you choose me..." Natsu sat in that position, not letting go of her.

"If the mates rejected then, they either lose the meaning to live and eventually die... Or they go on a rampage to be with their mate forcefully, like me." Lucy was processing all the information.

"Then what led you into going on a rampage that day?" She questioned.

"That day was the start of when you officially became my mate, this moment is different for every dragon slayer depending on how ready the mate is. It usually makes the dragon slayers act or feel differently and the urge to claim the mate is triggered by the change of scenes relating to the mate. Mine was triggered when you defied me and used that lotion, it changed your natural scent. And when you said that you liked someone else that was as if you rejected me, so I went crazy..." He held her tighter as if she was going to disappear. 

She raked her fingers through his hair, "I'm

 so sorry, Natsu... I said that to cover up my mixed feelings for you."

Natsu looked up at her, "Can you accept me now?"

"Yes."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed ;)

Sorry that I haven't been updating, kinda growing out of writting and just have been reading.

See you soon 

-animeloves1