Chapter 四 (4)

Hey guys so sorry for the long update, I have really been pushing myself to write this chapter considering how much you guys are commenting and voting. Hope you enjoy!

-animeloves1

"Found. You."

"Let her go!" Erza demanded pointing her sword towards Natsu, and Gray was in his ice-make stance. Natsu turned is head and looked at them both while covering Lucy's mouth. He grinned in a mischievous way, his eyes were dark making shills run down Erza's spine.

"Make, me." Natsu replied in a low voice. Slowly step by step, others began to surround him, people like Mirajane, Elfman, Gajeel and Pantherlily. Lucy whom was in Natsu's clutches took the advantage of his distraction and bit down on his hand that was covering her mouth. That how ever had no effect, Natsu only turned to look down at her.

"Ouch," he said dramatically... Not. Lucy whom had realised that her actions had no effects, began to struggle against his grip. As Lucy got out of Natsu's grip, she began to run over to Gray and Erza. Natsu's hand chased after her, but his foot was frozen to the ground. His eyes glaring coldly at Gray Fullbuster. He then looked at Lucy who hid behind Erza, just looking over her shoulder.

"Natsu, we are aware of your situation," Mira began. "And we would like too..."

"Help you," Lily finished. As those words left his mouth, Natsu fell unconscious on the floor.

"Those who stand in these ruins shall be knocked unconscious with in 5 minutes." Freed said appearing magically.

Three months before

"What's happening?" Erza whispered to herself as Natsu walk out the guild. She then looked to Gajeel who was sitting with a worried Levy, thinking that he may have some answers she walked over to the two.

"Gajeel, I know you know something, now spit it out!" Erza demanded. However, Gajeel only gave her a clean smirk. She was pissed so pull he collar up and glared at him.

"Give me answers!!" Raising her voice. Gray came over looking just as pissed as Erza, but had control over his actions.

"Let him go Erza, we will get answers but that's not the way to do it." Gray laid a hand on her shoulder. Erza slowly inhaled and exhaled, letting go of Gajeel's collar. She still held that glare, but was now calmer.

"Explain. Now." Gajeel let out a loud sigh.

"Flame-brain found his mate." The whole guild took a few seconds to register the information. A chorus of "What?!" Was echoed.

"It's mating season," Gajeel said in a 'duh' tone. "Once a dragon (slayer) reaches a certain age at this time of year, they find their mate. It's like hitting puberty I guess. Well once the dragon (slayer) has found its mate the beast inside can be triggered by something little such as a different sight, taste, sound, touch and smell from the mate. After that there's no tuning back."

"What do you mean there's no turning back?!" Mira asked.

"Well once the dragon (slayer) snaps, they are determined to make their mate theirs. If however their mate rejects them, the dragon (slayer) will either try to move on or claim their mates by force," gajeel continued.

"And how do you know all this exactly?" Gray asked from the sidelines.

"Because I've found my mate," Gajeel stated smirking.

"Who?!" The guild asked. There was a moment of silence as every body looked at the iron dragonslayer.

"...Levy McGarden..."