Chapter 12

Chelsea was heartbroken when she discovered that Mila had left university without saying goodbye. No note. No E-Mail. No explanation.

For Chelsea, it was like losing Angela all over again. Why did this keep happening to her?!

These were their last few months together, why didn't she stick it out for a few more weeks?

Chelsea tried for many days to get hold of Mila, but she never answered her cellphone or returned her messages. After a while Chelsea eventually decided to leave it in God's hands. Mila would contact her, when she was ready.

Lord, please keep her safe, Chelsea prayed for Mila each night. Even though she didn't know what was going on with her, she could still support her in prayer.

The last few weeks of university were crazy. Students were on a constant high and the campus seemed to be buzzing with excitement.

Chelsea was exceptionally busy with final arrangements for the end of year dance. Jonathan was head of the entertainment committee and she had happily agreed to help. She had finalised the DJ, caterer and table settings. All that was left was decor.

The theme was Winter Wonderland and she wanted it to be magical. She arranged millions of twinkle lights, plus fake white trees scattered all around the hall. She ordered over a thousand sparkly blue and silver balloons which would be filled with helium and float in the air. Huge snowflakes would surround the room, hanging from the ceiling, completing her vision. Smoke machines were strategically placed to maximize their effect and soft white lighting would be used to emphasize the 'snow' feel needed to tie the entire theme together.

Chelsea absolutely loved helping plan the end of year dance. For her it was a perfect way to say goodbye to everyone who was part of this special season in her life. It also meant that she and Jonathan got to spend some extra time together.

Their relationship was uncertain for a while, due to the rocky patch they experienced just before Mila left, however, things between Chelsea and Jonathan seemed much better now.

Jonathan could see that Chelsea was blaming herself for Mila leaving, when in fact he was doing the same thing. He knew that he was wrong for loving them both, but he just couldn't help himself. He couldn't tell his heart who to love.

When the day of the dance arrived, Chelsea was filled with sadness while getting ready. She always pictured Mila and herself getting ready together, ever since the date of the dance was set, long before Mila left.

They had many discussions about their dress colour and style, not to mention their hairstyles and make-up.

A small tear ran down her cheek as Chelsea took one final look at herself in the mirror before leaving her dorm room. How she wished that Mila was here with her to share this special moment.

She decided to wear her hair loose in ringlets down her back. It suited her dress perfectly. Her dress was a ball gown in all white and it made her feel so beautiful. She was sure that Mila would have approved, had she been there to see it too.

Please Lord, be with Mila, prayed Chelsea one more time before heading off to the dance.

Chelsea arrived earlier than everyone else, wanting to add some final touches to the tables and check that things were running smoothly with the caterer.

Her breath caught as she entered the decorated hall. Everything was perfect and she felt like a princess entering in her ball gown. She felt proud and excited all at once. She was sure that everyone was going to have a magical time.

Chelsea turned around, feeling that someone was watching her, and found Jonathan standing a few metres away. His smile was radiant and she knew that it was just for her.

"You look incredible," was all that he could get out while slowly walking towards her. She could tell by his eyes that he was telling the truth and in that moment, she knew that he was the one. No one had ever looked at her like that or made her feel so beautiful with three little words.

"Oh, this old thing," she blushed and looked down at her spectacular dress.

"I'm not talking about the dress," answered Jonathan slowly shaking his head from side to side. "You. All of you. Is incredible. Thank you for giving so much of yourself to make this night so special. I will never find the words to tell you just how much I appreciate it. It's all thanks to you that tonight is so unbelievable, no one else."

"I did it mostly for you," blushed Chelsea looking down at Jonathan's hands around hers. "I knew that tonight means so much to you. That's why it is so important to me too."

That little stolen moment was the moment that cemented their relationship, and Chelsea believed everything, from then on, was going to be perfect.

Chelsea lost count of all the tiny squeals let out by almost every girl entering the hall. Everyone put in so much effort with their outfits and no one looked out of place or behaved badly. They all had the same idea, they were there to enjoy their last evening together, before going out into the big bad real world.

Jonathan and Chelsea were even voted as Dance King and Queen, much to her surprise. Their dance together after the crowning felt like a wedding dance. Jonathan held her so close and kissed her gently on her cheek, whispering again how much he loved her and how beautiful she was and looked. She felt like royalty and did not want the evening to end.

They were the last to leave, after ensuring that everything was switched off and locked up.

They walked back to her dorm room hand-in-hand, her shoes in her other hand but her crown still perfectly placed on her head. If only Mila could see her now. Better yet... if only Angela was here.

On reaching her dorm room, Jonathan gently took the key from her hand and unlocked the door.

"There you go my Queen," he bowed with a wicked grin on his face, "I've kept my promise and delivered you safe and sound to your castle."

Chelsea struggled to contain her giggles while curtsying graciously. "Why thank you, kind sir," she teased, "you take good care of your lady indeed."

He reached for her hand and placed a loving kiss on it before winking. "See you tomorrow My Queen. I look forward to our final week here, but mostly to all our adventures to come."

Chelsea locked the door after Jonathan left, still smiling to herself. So many girls tried to catch his eye at the dance, but he only had eyes for her. He was so tentative all night, seeing to her every need. He truly was her Prince Charming.

The last week on campus was crazy. Everyone scuttling around trying to tie up loose ends, exchanging home addresses and packing up their rooms before heading back home. Excited yet petrified for real life to begin.

They were all packed up. She had just said goodbye to Jonathan and was pulling out of the parking lot when a message came through on her cell phone.

Looking down she saw one sentence...

We need to talk - Mila

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for sharing another chapter in Chelsea's journey with me. I hope you enjoyed it. I wonder what Mila wants to chat about?

Please remember to comment and vote xoxo