The Test

Hazel rushed to class and spotted Hilary flirting with a bunch of empty headed jocks. Sitting on their table, her cheerleader skirt was riding high on her thighs as she crossed her long, shapely legs. She squeaked in astonishment when Hazel dragged her to her own seat which was next to Hazel’s.

"What?" She grumbled.

"I need a favor." Hazel said in an undertone. Then without waiting to hear what Hilary had to say, she rushed on, "Can you work your charms on Haydn?"

That had Hilary struck dumbfounded. Hazel bet Hilary never would have thought she would request her help for such a thing.

"You want me to charm my way into the new hottie’s bed?" Hilary asked, her eyes wide as saucers.

"Erm…not to that point but I think you get what I mean."

"Of course, I’m up for it. He was number one on my hit list before I noticed he had his eyes on you. Literally." she said wryly. That was one of the reasons Hazel valued Hilary as a friend, as she had said before, she was loyal. She wouldn’t pounce on owned possessions. Unless of course, the said possession was begging for a round of games with her.

"I know you like him as well, Hazel. Quit denying and just go for him, Carl was so long ago. About time you collect some pretty memories to bury the nasty ones. Go out with him." She urged.

"Not yet." Hazel muttered.

Hilary oohed in realization, finally grasping Hazel’s intentions. Then her eyes twinkled in mischief and excitement, "Can Rose join in the fun as well?"

Hazel smiled faintly and allowed. The more the merrier.

"Why don’t you ask that bitch Kayla friend of yours? She was dying to sink her claws him ever since she first saw him."

Hazel sighed and rolled her eyes, "Kayla will go for him regardless of what I say. She’s just waiting for an opportunity. Which I’ll most certainly present to her."

"Hazel, you sure you want to do this?"

"I’m positive."

"Alright, then let the games begin." She finished with a cheerful clap.

Just then, Haydn sauntered in.

Let the games begin indeed.

Hazel sat quietly on her seat and watched as Hilary set her plans in action. Hilary whispered something to Gemma who nodded and silently traded seats with her.

As she settled next to Hazel, Hazel nudge her lightly, "What did Hilary told you?"

"She told me she wanted to sit next to him." Gemma answered a little grudgingly Hazel noted.

"You’re not happy with the arrangements?"

"Have you looked at him? He’s gorgeous! And I think he has a crush on me. He looked at me once!" she squealed excitedly. But her tone distinctly soured as she continued "And now, Hilary’s going to stake her claim."

Hazel almost snickered at her delusions but stopped herself in time. She didn’t want to step on toes for no good reason. Emma was a studious girl who seemed to think any guys that looked her way was besotted with her. She had a misplaced sense of self-confidence perhaps but who was Hazel to judge. She might be exactly the same, believing Haydn was in anyway infatuated with her.

Oh, she wasn’t ugly but she wasn’t pretty either. Normal with all features intact, just the way she liked herself. However, the guys she associated with were normally more interested in flings. Thus, she was more than content to stay as a friend than to be a fling.