Chapter 9

They looked at each other, silently asking whether they have invited anyone. They shook their heads. When there was another round of knocking, Sharon told Cameron to answer the door while she prepared breakfast. He was about to protest but she shot him a sharp glare. He sighed and went to the door.

Sharon sighed as she watched him walk away. He had such a hard and delicious body. Watching him jog this morning was an eye opener. His gait was smooth and easy. It was almost predatory. He had looked like a cheetah loping after his prey. She, on the other hand, had been stomping like an elephant, every step harder than before. Her face had been soo red and she had been panting soo hard. It had looked like a joke.

Furthermore, she had been inundated by his fame and popularity. The route away from the condo was quiet. There was barely any joggers. However, when they had been on their way back to the condo, Cameron had to stop often. People kept coming up to him and taking a picture with him. Some had even talked some shop with him. Everyone ignored her. Which was fine with her since that meant they were moving at a slower pace and she could catch up.

Until the airheads came. Airheads were women whose main purpose was to get into every famous man's pants at any cost. Even at the cost of their dignity. The airheads they met on their jog had worn a sports bra and super short shorts. And had looked awesome. She was surprised that most of them weren't models.

She had also been surprised that she had felt a simmering anger in her heart when she had seen Cameron flirting with them and getting dozens of numbers. He had even laughed with them. Her heart burned even now. Her eyes smarted.

She was horrified. Was she developing feelings for Cameron? Romantic feelings? She couldn't develop anything of that kind. He was a sports star. He would date slim, svelte supermodels with flawless face. Not a pudgy, short, freckled women like her.

No, no. She had to keep her distance and her feelings to herself.

  - ----@@@@--------

Cameron was surprised to see his agent at the door. Matt looked just as surprised but that would be due to the fact that he was still in his jogging clothes. Everyone, well most people, knew that he was fastidious with his hygiene. He wears everything once before washing it. The fact that he was still wearing his sweat was abnormal.

But he had a good reason. Sharon had looked soo down after the jog. Clearly, she had not been exercising for a few years. So he had taken it slow. His slow, apparently, was not slow enough. She had been struggling to keep up.  He had deliberately stopped for all those fans to give her time to catch her breath.  He had even entertained those groupies. He mentally gagged. He had not entertained groupies in years. But he would do so to help Sharon.

Speaking of helping Sharon, he swung a considering gaze to his agent.

Matt was in the foyer, looking over the decor. He was unimpressed. Well, he did handle client with lucrative paychecks who had enough money to pay interior designers to make their houses look good. If you've seen one, you've seen them all.

'What are you doing here?'Cameron asked as he led him to the couch. 'I didn't reveal where I was so that you can just drop by whenever you want.'

'I'm here because I have found found a physical therapist that fits your requirements. She's-'

'She? I asked for a man,'Cameron interjected. Matt shot him an incredulous look. He was getting irritated by the amount of incredulity he had induced just this morning.

'When have you ever pushed away a woman? I though you would be pleased,'Matt exclaimed. Cameron didn't reply. 'Look, she really does fit your requirements. I asked my other clients who had engaged her services and they were satisfied with it. Plus she is in high demand. It was difficult for me to arrange a meeting. Why don't you give her a chance?'

Cameron pondered on this for a few minutes. 'I would be willing to meet her if you can find Sharon a job in your company.'

'Cameron!'he heard Sharon cry. He cringed. He was aware of her independent streak. He had hoped she wouldn't have heard him. He was mistaken. She came out of the kitchen, face scrunched up in a fierce glare. She stood beside him, towering over him. 'Are you trying to find me a job? Wait, you're not even trying. You're trying to fob him on this person. What if he doesn't need me?'

'Well, I was just trying to help,'he said, standing up.  He didn't like feeling soo vulnerable.

'Well, I don't need your help,'she informed him hotly, folding her arms. 'Gabriel works in a cafe and they have an opening as a bus boy. So there. You can retract your statement.'

Cameron saw red when he heard Gabriel's name. Just the thought of them working together, in a small cafe, becoming closer, made him want to find the man and bury him alive. He ignored Sharon's smug look and turned to Matt.

'You had better find her a job or I'll fire you,'he snarled, ignoring Sharon's gasp of outrage and the bewilderment in Matt's face.