Chapter 32

'My period is the only time I feel like a drug addict. It's when I'll be frantically looking for those magic pills, or any pills for that matter, that will hopefully quell these infernal cramps,'Sharon moaned as she curled into a fetal position. Cameron chuckled. She wanted to turn and glare at him but she was already in her comfortable position. It's just not worth it.

'I thought I'd just given you the pills?'Cameron asked as he sat beside her and started rubbing her back. She sighed contentedly. It was nice to know that he was not squeamish about her time of the month. From what she'd heard in the office, some men wouldn't even come near their significant other until it was over. Way to earn brownie points.

'You did. But this is a bad day. The pain has dulled but I can literally feel my womb contracting and relaxing, trying to squeeze all the lining out of my body. I hate this,'she groaned. 'You know, some women have said that labor pains are somewhat like menstrual cramps but more intense. So that's a major downside of pregnancy. I'll have to think at least ten times to even consider it, having caught a glimpse of it every month.'

'But the major upside would be the bundle of joy in your arms after. And, of course, the part where we make it,'he leered.

'Cameron!'she said in a scandalized tone but ruined it by giggling. 'That'll be nice. You can finally put all that experience to good use.'

'How many children do you want to have?'he asked, breaking the silence.

'Let's just go with the flow. We'll start at one and if I feel like going through labor again, we'll try for another one,'she said softly. She felt him laying down behind her and smiled.

'Well, I want at least three,'he stated. She snorted. 'What? You doubt my fertility?'

'I doubt your ability to convince me to try for more,'she teased.

'What are you guys taking about?'Amelia asked from the doorway.

'How many kids to try for,'Sharon said.

'Will there be a marriage?'she demanded, eyebrows raised.

'Of course. We're just waiting for me to be ready,'she said. A sudden squeezing feeling caused her to moan. 'Damn. I moved.'

'I'll get a heating pad for you,'Cameron said as he got up. She shot him a grateful look.

'You'll have to give it to her at her seat. The plane's going to land soon,'Amelia told them. At Sharon's glare, she added defensively,'It's not my fault the plane is soo damn fast.'

'Well, I'm assigning the blame to you anyway.'

They were currently in Scott's private jet. The novelty of a private jet had distracted her from the pain up until the plane was in the air. But it had been a good, blissful 15 minutes. Then she'd had to retreat to the bedroom in the plane. Where she'd forgotten where they were headed. Until Amelia had reminded her.

It brought back the feeling of betrayal, anger, mourning. She knew she had to let go of all these feelings for her to ever truly welcome Cameron into her heart, even though he already has ownership of it. And she will. There's no fond memories left for her anymore. All she thought about was the way her trust had been violated in the most cruel of ways everywhere she looked.

'Hey, don't look soo down. Just remember that I'll be there when the memories get too bad,'Cameron said beside her. She didn't show any reaction, just moving to lay her head on his shoulder but inside... Well, inside, the door to her heart opened slightly wider for him. Yes, he'll be there. And he won't ever betray her.

  - -------------@@@@@----------------

'What are we doing here?'Sharon demanded coldly when they stopped in front of a quaint two-storey house. It was cute, painted a sky blue with white trimmings. It reminded him of Sharon but apparently, she didn't like it. He saw Amelia flinch slightly.