Chapter 14

Cameron scanned the reception. No one was there and everyone looked busy, rushing everywhere, phones glued to their ears. He took his chance and rushed in, walking straight to his agent's office. He made no eye contact and ignored anyone who even made the slightest move towards him.

He didn't want to acknowledge anyone or want anyone to acknowledge him right then. He was looking to see to his business before anyone could question his presence there. Especially a petite, freckled, adorable brunette. ''Not adorable,''he told himself. ''I have never used adorable to describe any woman before. Either they are beautiful, knock off gorgeous or not. She definitely is not either one of them.

''But she is attractive. With her dark hair, like chocolate, flowing around her face, providing a dark backdrop for her large eyes, cute nose and lips. Oh her lips, her luscious, full lips. They were a beauty to look at, especially when she smiles. Like that time we watched that awful chick flick. It was worth it just to see her smile.''

'Hey man.' A slap on his back brought him out of his reverie. He automatically greeted his team mate and close friend, Logan Carter. When he realisd who it was, he smiled and greeted him more enthusiastically.

'Hey, what are you doing here?'he asked. He was genuinely happy to see his close friend but inside, he grimaced. He had just realised he had been standing there, looking like a fool. Forgetting his mission. He had just been thinking about Sharon and BAM. He was a lost man. It would have disastrous if it had been Sharon who had seen him.

'I'm here to see my agent about an endorsement deal,'he replied, shoving his hands into his jean pockets. 'What about you? I didn't expect to see you anywhere near here after your agent practically shoved that therapist down your throat.'

He remembered the incident. He had been at his apartment, having some friends over. They had been having such a good time until Matt stopped by. He had brought a present along. A therapist. He had tried to convince him that it would be for his own good, blah blah blah.

Cameron had tried to keep a rein on his temper but when Matt had tried to chase his friends away to start his session immediately, he blew it. He shouted at Matt, the therapist having left by then. He had almost thrown Matt out if Logan and the rest hadn't held him back.

Looking back, he felt that it was a stupid thing. He knew it had been done in good faith and he should have given it a chance. Well, Matt could have been less insistent on it but Cameron, himself, shouldn't have tried soo hard to run away from facts. If it hadn't been for Sharon, he would still be hiding away like a hermit.

There was Sharon then, carrying a box full of worthless records, he was sure. He shot her a smile. She returned it with a harried one as she shot down an aisle.

Wait, that was Sharon! She had seen him! He turned to Logan and told him,'If you see that brunette try to go into Matt's office, you head her off. Distract her. Work your magic on her.'

'The one who's looking at you and plotting your death?'Logan asked. He didn't waste time verifying. He just ran to Matt's office and hoped Sharon didn't kill him when he got out.