Chapter 23

Cameron watched Sharon getting ready for their shoot. She was tense and uncomfortable, continually turning to him for assurance despite the make up artist's and hair stylist's chagrin . He'd smile at her and she'd turn back to the chaos of getting ready. If he could, he'd be at her side but he didn't want to disturb them further.

The shoot had gone on without a hitch after the debacle. Clay was smart in that he'd made Stephanie go first. She'd pouted for a while before creating dazzling  poses in front of the camera. He'd even overheard Clay said,'Damn, she's a beautiful and skilled model. Even if she is a witch.' The last time he saw her, she'd been pulling one of the helpers into the janitor closet. Logan and Casey's shoot were still ongoing and after that, they'd take a break before finishing with his and Sharon's shoot.

Speaking of their shoot, he noticed her dress. It hung at the stand, ready to be worn and  it was beautiful. It was gold with a bustier, sequined top. The skirt flared out and had ruffled layers. He hadn't been sure they'd get a dress that suits her at such short notice. In fact, that had been one of the arguments against being his partner.

  - --------@@@@@----------

While everyone had been stunned momentarily by Matt's suggestion, a smile slowly began to form on Cameron's lips. He hadn't thought of that but now, he was eager to start the shoot with her. He'd wanted to give her many things but he knew she would be uncomfortable with his generosity and this was one of the things he wanted to offer her. Her very own photo shoot. He'd wanted to give her the chance to dress up, show her how beautiful she was to his eyes. However, looking like a fish, her mouth opening and closing with no sound, he knew she was less than thrilled.

'That's preposterous!'Stephanie exclaimed. 'She's not a model. She barely has the looks let alone the height. What will your client  think?'

'I'd assume that my client would be happy that we finished the shoot on time with little fuss from Cameron. Well, lesser fuss,'Matt amended, remembering the threatened lawsuit. 'And from the smile from Cameron, I'd say he has nothing to say against this change of plans.'

'My contract clearly states-'

'That you have to model the outfits, with or without a partner to be decided later,'Matt said, interjecting Stephanie's rage. She was quiet. A rare occurrence in itself. However, in this case, Cameron knew she was trying to think of a loophole.

'Fine,'she snarled. He was surprised she had given soo easily but her next words disabused him of that notion. 'I'll get my lawyer to review it. And if he finds something, all of you will pay.'

'But the contract clearly states, well in fine print, that any disputes after the contract has been signed will render the contract moot and the model with have to compensate the client for any inconvenience caused. Disputes that challenged the wording of the contract itself,'Sharon said. She looked up at Cameron and corrected herself. 'Well, assuming that your contract is the same as Cameron's. However, the contract only specified the dispute is about the misinterpretation of the contract itself. Not about the misconduct of the model. So Cameron's suit against you would not have been the client's concern.'

He had to smile. She had been looking out for him and he knew if he had created a bigger fuss about the sexual harassment, she'd be at his side, whether it was to dissuade him or to support him if necessary. He dropped a kiss to her head.

'Well, ain't that peachy,'Stephanie mocked, disgusted by their interaction. 'I'll still have my lawyer review it but this won't be my last job in the industry, girl. So if you intend to stick with Cameron, you'd better watch your back.' With that she stalked out of the room, screaming left and right.