Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"So how are things going with your little cutie?" Rex ask while twirling a basketball on his index finger.

"Good. I've been making a lot of progress. I think he's starting to have a crush on me." I smile in victory.

"Are you sure that's not just your ego playing little pictures up there." He jokes motioning to my head. I glare at him and loom away.

"No!" I childishly remark. "I'm sure that he likes me." I pout. He laughs and continues twirling the ball.

It's been two weeks since I found my mate, Eliot, and he's amazing. We haven't really hung out much outside of school, but I can feel the connection between us grow stronger and stronger.

I think that I'm actually falling in love like really hard and it's not even funny. Every time that I see him I just feel like kissing him and biting him. And other times I just want to kidnap him and keep him with me forever. I told Rex this one time and he just shock his head and said " ah young puppy love. Brings back memories."

"Hey Rex?" He turns to looks at me. "How do you think I should tell Eliot that I'm a werewolf? Do you think he will freak out?" I ask worriedly.

"Nah. I don't think so. Eliot seems like a smart guy and stuff. I'm sure that he will understand." Rex has gotten to know Eliot in the past two weeks and have gotten along very well.

I look outside the window and look at the moon. It sure is pretty tonight. Maybe I should go for a run. It's been a long time since I've taken one.

"Hey Rex I think I'm going for a run. Cool?" He nods his head and turns on the TV.

I walk into the woods and smell the fresh air. Ah so nice and clean. I shift and start to run through the woods, loving the feeling of the leaves brushing against my fur.

I stop near a cliff and breath in deeply, then stop. I smell a sweet smell that should not be anywhere near the woods, Eliot. What tha hell is he doing in the woods this late. I follow his scent and realize that I can smell his blood also. I start running full speed, imagining all types of bad scenarios.

I finally reach Eliot to see him holding his leg crying. His right leg was trapped inside of a bear trap and was bleeding quite a bit.

I snarl in madness. It's against the law to hunt and to put animal traps in these woods. The mayor knows that there are werewolf's in this town and made a law that banned animal traps that could harm us. I guess somebody is not following that law.

I slowly walk to the crying Eliot hoping not to scare him. When he finally notice me, he looks at me with frighten eyes and tries to move but winces when the bear trap digs into his skin. I walk over to the trap and feel Eliot freeze. I look at the trap and find a way to set it free. Looks like only a key can unlock it.

Damn it! I snarl and hear Eliot whimper. I go up to him and nuzzle my nose against his neck. I feel his breath quicken and his body start to tremble. I keep nuzzling into his neck and lick him. He slowly brings his hand up and pets my head.

"Are you trying to help me?" He ask. I nod my head and see him smile.

"Thank you." I look at the trap and find no other way but to break it. I step on the bottom of it and yank the top half with my teeth, breaking easily.

I look at the wound and start to lick it. I hear Eliot gasp in pain but stays in place. Now that I have cleaned all the blood away I lick the punctured wounds and see then heal. Since I'm a werewolf we are able to heal fast and can lick out wounds close.

I look at Eliot and see him look at his ankle in complete amazement. When he's done inspecting his wounds he looks up at me and smiles.

"Thank you so much!" He screams and hugs me. Ahh this feels really nice.

"Wow! Your a big doggy huh." He laughs. Even thought I am in my wolf form I am still a few inches taller than Eliot.

He sits down next to a tree an looks up at the sky. Looks like I should off known better than to come into the woods at night and look we're I'm steeping huh. He says looking at me. I walk over to him and nudge him with my snout. He laughs and pets me more, making me purr. He giggles and looks at me in the eyes.

"You know. Your eyes reminds me of my friend Phoenix." He comments. "He's a nice person and really great. He's the first person in a long time that has treated me very nicely." He says sadly. "I think I've fallen for him." He whimpers.

I feel my heart start to hammer and my wolf howl in victory but, wait why is he sad about it. I nudge his body again and nuzzle my face into his neck, smelling his amazing scent.

"I don't know what to do anymore. Every time that he smiles I feel my heart start to pound. And when he gives me those sexy smirks AHH!! I just can't take it and end up blushing madly." He wines. "He drives me crazy. He- he- he's like my dream guy. But he probably isn't into guys so it's just ends up being one sided love." He says frantically in a sad voice. No no no no!!!! I love you! I freaking love you!!! God how I wish I could tell you. I whimper and lay my head in his lap. He smiles down at me and pets my fur making me once again purr in delight.

"You know your a great listener. Umm what should I call you?" He puts on his thinking face that he tends to puts every time he thinks and taps his finger to his lip. "Uuu! Nicky." He says. "Yea you look like a Nicky." He smiles and shoves his face into my fur. I laugh and wiggle my tail.

"You know I've never seen a wolf this big and your fur is so white and soft." He giggles and lies down on the floor, looking up at the stars. I move over and sit next to him, looking at the stars also. A few minutes pass and I notice that he starts to shiver. I lay down and cover his body with mine, he looks at me then shifts closer, hugging me. I freeze for a moment then relax, loving the feeling of having him near me. I barry my nose onto his neck, letting the sweet smell engulf me, taking me to a wonderful sleep.

I wake up feeling very satisfied and happy. I look down to the cute little person beneath me, sleeping soundly, lips slightly parted. I bend down and sniff his hair and skin, so nice, so amazing. I glaze his forehead with my lips, loving the great feeling that it brings to my body.

I feel him stir and smile, happy that he is waking up next to me. He looks up at me, looking confused and disoriented. He seems to come to sence and pushes away from me, scurrying away, eyes full of fear and shock.

I feel pain rising up in me. The pain of my mate not wanting to be here with me. The pain of not knowing what's wrong. The pain of not being wanted by the one that you love. I look down not wanting him to see me sad and on the bridge of breaking. I thought that yesterday had brought us together but, I guess I was wrong.

"Why are you here?" He says with a quivering voice.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't remember you being here. And where Nicky?!" He asks frantically looking for Nicky.

"Wait what. Who's Nicky?" I ask with confusion.

"This wolf that help me yesterday and and stayed with me all night." He quivers more.

"Wait." I shake my head. "That was me. I helped you yesterday and- ohhh okay I get it." I say with realization. "I'm Nicky." I smile.

"What?" He asks. "You can't be Nicky. You can't be a wolf."

"Okay, Eliot please listen carefully to me. I am a werewolf." I slowly say. I look at him for any signs of panic, but see none.

"Prove it." He challenges.

I get up and slowly begin to change into my wolf form. Once I am done I walk towards Eliot and sit down in front of him. He looks at me with shocked eyes and bewilderedness. He slowly brings his hand up to my head and pets me. I find myself one again purring to his touch. He snatches his hand away and stares at me with shocking eyes.

"You are my Nicky." He says in amazement. I turn back to my human form and nod my head.

"So you are a werewolf." He whispers. "I can't believe it. How come you changed back into human form?"

"Well believe it." I smile. "I'm still the same. I'm just a bit cooler. I guess the reason I changed back to my human form is because I wasn't paying attention and changed during while I slept." I joke. He looks up at me and giggles. I laugh a long and pull his body on top of mine, hug him. He leans into my arms and closes his eyes.

"Can I still call you Nicky?" He ask in a cute voice.

I laugh nodding my head. "You can call me what ever you like. But I did hear something interesting yesterday." I comment.

"What?" He ask turning his face to me.

"I hear that you love me." I smile. His eyes widen in shock and turns his face away. He tries to pull away from me but I don't let him.

"Let me go!" He screams.

"Never." I say nuzzling his neck with my nose. He stop struggling and gasps in surprise. I stay like that for a few minutes, smelling his scent in.

"So do you really love me?" I ask. He looks down and nods his head, almost in sadness. I smile and squeeze him.

"Well that's good. Now I can do this to you." I grab his chin and turn him towards me and kiss him.

Everything that I thought it will be like to kiss him was completely wrong. It didn't feel great, it felt fantastic. It didn't give me a warm feeling but instead it gave me this fluttering feeling of completeness. It was pure ecstasy.

I slowly disconnect my lips from his and look at him. He looks at me give shock.

"What?" I ask, wondering if I did something wrong.

He shakes his head and brings his finger tips to his lips. "Your the first person that's ever kissed me."

I smile in satisfaction and bring him closer to me. "Your first and last." I say. "Did you like it?"

He blushes and nods his head. "Good cause I like it too." I say hugging him to me.

"So what now?" He ask.

"So now I ask you this." I take his hand in mine. "Eliot will you be my boyfriend?" He looks at me for a few seconds and nods his head with a small smile. I smile back and squeeze his hands.

"Okay good. Now, Eliot Locke, from the first time that I saw you I felt something. I didn't know what it was till the third time that I saw you. It turns out that you are my mate. A mate is the other half of a wolf, it's their soul mate." I look deeply into his eyes trying to show what I feel inside. "I promise to protect you and to never leave you no matter what. Eliot Locke will you be my mate?" I swallow and look at him, hoping he will say yes, my heart hammering inside my chest.

He looks at me then turns away, then to our hands. He stays quiet and says nothing. He takes his hands away and gets up. He turns away and takes two steeps forward. I can feel my heart breaking. The feeling of pain and sadness devouring my body and heart. My wolf howling in pain and suffering. I look down trying to resist the tears from coming.

"Nicky." I hear Eliot call me.

Before I can even look up I feel something crashing into me. I look down and see Eliot in my arms.

"I love you Nicky." He whispers. I let his words sunk in, repeating them over and over in my head. I finally come to the conclusion to what he just said. I smile and let my arms consume him.

"Jesus Eliot you scared me." I gasp. I looks up at me and smile an innocent smile. "I'm sorry." He cutely says. "Your lucky your cute." I laugh and kiss his cheek in a dramatic way. He laughs and pushes me away. "Down doggy." He jokes. I glare and lick his face, making him giggle.

"Come on." I say as I stand up and hold out my hand for him to take. "Let's go feed you some food." He takes my hand smiles.

"What are you going to feed me huh?" He ask.

"I don't know. What do you want?"

"Mm pancakes." He says. I nod my head and begin to walk out the woods.

"How about we go to my house?" I ask.

"Okay."

"But I must warn you there might be some trouble." I cringe.

"Why?" He ask.

"Well it's not really common to have two guys mate together. So maybe I'm not sure but there might be some trouble."

"Will they hurt me?" He asked scared. I pull him closer to me and shake my head. "I would kill them before they lay a finger on you." I snarled.

We reached the house in a few minutes. I walk in not letting go of Eliot's hand and head towards the kitchen where everybody was already waiting.

"Hey guys." I say flatly knowing why they are all in the kitchen, waiting.

"Who is this Phoenix?" The alpha asked looking evilly at Eliot. I stepped in front of Eliot, covering the alphas view of Eliot.

"This is my mate." I answered.

"A guy for a mate. That is not possible Phoenix." He sternly said.

"Guess anything is possible alpha." I mocked.

"Phoenix, we all know that it's impossible okay. So why don't you just move on and try to find your mate."

"I can't. I already found my mate and he's standing right next to me." I glared.

"Fine if you won't get that stupid idea out of your head then will just kill him."

"You kill him, you kill me." I snarled feeling the rage raising up in me.

"You can't be serious Phoenix!" He screamed.

"I don't care what you think. I will not give him up!" I yelled.

"Watch your tone." He said angered.

"Then you watch your mouth." I could feel Eliot shaking scared only making me angrier.

"Alpha only because it's not common to be mated to a guy it doesn't mean it's not possible." Rex intervened. I looked at him with gratitude.

"I think it's alright. It's just like any of us with our mates. It's just another couple." Rex's mate, Linda, commented.

I could feel the other pack members agreeing with Rex and Linda.

'If this turns out wrong and he is not your mate, we will have no other choice but to kill him.' The alpha ordered.

"That will not be needed. I can promise you that." I said with my head held high. He walked away, leaving the room. Minutes later the others did the same, all but Rex and Linda.

"Hi I'm Linda, Rex's mate and girlfriend." She smiled grabbing Eliot's hand. He smiles a small smile, looking down. "We are going to have so much fun here! I can't wait!" Linda smiled brightly taking Eliot from me. "And don't worry about the others. You have a pretty intimidating mate to protect you." She giggled. Eliot looked at me with a questioning look, I shrugged and followed them.

Linda gave Eliot the tour of the house. Showing him everything and introducing other pack members to him. They seemed to like him, which made me very happy.

"I'm sorry Linda but I'm gonna have to take Eliot from you." I smiled. She pouted but released him to me. He gladly came and hugged me. I picked him up bridle way and carried him to my room.

We entered and kicked the door closed. I gently laid him down, looking deeply into his eyes, searching for any sing of panic or fear. He smiled at me and brought me down to him, circling his arms around me. We stayed like that for god know how long, but I loved every second of it. I pecked his lips and rolled over, laying him on top of me.

"Nicky?"

"Yes, Eli." I answered. He looked up at me with big eyes.

" I'm hungry. He whimpers." I laughed, squeezing him to me.

"Let's go feed you shall we." I said as I picked him up.

"Yes we shall." He laughs.

We reach the kitchen which was empty. I sit him down on a stool and head to the fridge, taking things out to make some food.

"What do you want to eat Eli?"

"Um I want a cheese and ham sandwich with some chips please." He says cutely.

"You really like ham and cheese huh?"

"Yup." He smiles wide. I lean down and place a kiss on does sweet pink lips. God I love him.