Chapter 18

Viktor stood with his mother and father as the doctor checked over Lilly in their home.

"Vhat vill your agent think?" Ivan snarled to his son. "What vill happen to your career!? Do you not care Vika!?"

"Ivan, we should be worrying about Lilly not his Quitich career! I have contacted Severus and--"

"Mother you didn't! He vill kill me!" Viktor knew the man to be very protective of his daughter and the Potter boy.

"Snape will not harm you. We held his secret for many years."

"What secret?" Viktor demanded of his parents. He would never have done this on a regular basis knowing very well his mother would smack the pure blood out of him. "Mother."

"It is not the time, Vika. That is enough for now." Marishka had the final word with her men and this time was no different.

"Well. . . Mr. Krum, you will be a father in seven months time --"

"Grandma?" Krum turned to see Minerva.

"Lilly! Marishka and Ivan sent your owl to me. You are to be a mother?"

Lilly smiled with watery eyes, "Yes." Krum watched as Grandmother and Granddaughter hugged tightly. "How's father? Grandpa?"

"The Ministry of Magic had taken over Hogwarts.  Your grandfather has been replaced by a Ministry approved headmistress."

"You?" Ivan asked.  Minerva shook her head.

"I am afraid not, Mr. Krum. Dolrous Umbridge has taken place as Hogwarts' Headmistress. Your grandfather is furious and Harry Potter is making an army. I came with my congratulations and with a plea of help. Viktor," His grandmother in law turned to him, "We need you to teach them. You and Lilly are well past your years in magic already. We are begging you, Viktor. Do it for me. For Lilly and your unborn child. Voldemort has returned and we need your help."

Viktor looked into Lilly's blue eyes, seeing a flash of hope in her eyes was all it took for him, "Very vell. I vill do it."

           That night as Lilly slept on the sofa in front of the fireplace, Viktor stared at her from his perch on the mantle with a glass of brandy in his hand. He had called on an old friend of his to help and protect Lilly from what his mother had finally told him. No one would harm his child or wife.

"Viktor, I wish you would tell me why in the Gods you would owl me in the middle of the night---" Viktor hushed his voice with a spell.

"You love my mother very much, Fenrir. You svore to protect her. I ask you do transfer that oath to my vife and unborn child. You are a Norse God and I ask you, I beg you, help me. You vill be in your volf form."

The black haired man glared at his old friend before shifting into a large smoke gray wolf.

"Vee vill be putting a collar on you so you von't be taken." Fenrir did not like that idea but said still as a statue when the younger man put the sterling silver collar on him. "Good."

With that, Fenrir laid down on the floor next to the sofa and his blood red eyes locked with Viktor's before the Norse Wolf snorted smoke from his nose.