Chapter 1

Hey guys!
So this is my first werewolf story. I don't know if I'll do more, we'll have to see how well this one does.
^Up top is a song I think really explains Leah and how she feels.^

Leah

I ran.

I ran as fast as I could go. Nothing was stopping me from completing my mission: getting as far away from my pack as I could. No more pain. No more suffering. And especially, no more Markus. I'd die before I let that monster touch me.

The smell of blood coursed through the air and into my nose. This was unknown territory, but I knew that blood shouldn't be as strong as this. This place, wherever I was, was even more dangerous than where I had come from.

Go back, my wolf cried. Go!

I shook my head, willing her to stop.

We can't, not ever.

I came upon a shallow lake, where the water glittered under the moonlight and the frogs leaped from rock to rock, where it almost felt extraterrestrial to look up at the stars and see them twinkling. The full moon was high in the sky above, looking like an uncut diamond surrounded by pillowy clouds. What I wouldn't give to be sleeping on one.

As I neared, I couldn't help myself from taking a little sip of water as I plotted my next move. I knew the hunters were following me, it was just a matter of time before I lost them in these woods. And then, I'd have to change my name and start over. There was no going back after what I did.

All of a sudden, a twig snapped behind me.

My head snapped up, scanning the area for one of Markus's men. I knew them all by name and could spot them from miles away.

"Don't be scared little one," a male voice said from beyond a distant tree.

My paws dug into the wet dirt of the shore as I got ready to pounce and make a break for it in the opposite direction. His scent was one I didn't recognize, and I feared he might've been an unwelcomed visitor. Then came another sound, something like a blunt object forcefully hitting bark.

"Look at me!" another voice called, and I whipped my head fully around to see who it was. "Over here!"

I growled as the voice got closer, letting my throat rumble in an attempt to ward off whoever was mocking me.

Run!

A gun went off near my head, but just barely missed as I felt the projectile wiz passed my ear. I yelped and ran, jumping straight into the pond, landing directly in sticky mud.

Drenched in water, I climbed out and dashed. My wet fur clung to my body adding extra weight and my paws were coated in slim, making is even harder to get a grip on the ground.

Another loud shot rang through the air, and distant growling urged me to move faster. In my panic, I didn't notice the tree root sticking out of the dirt. I landed muzzle first into a tree with a loud smack.

Everything was getting closer, but I was too dazed to move farther than a few feet without collapsing, my leg writhing with an unknown, explosive pain. My eyelids grew heavy, my head, dizzy, but I fought to keep myself from loosing consciousness.

Not like this. Not today!

"I thought she would put up a fight," one of the male voices said, now directly beside me.

A large wolf huffed with agreement.

"She must have been a fresh one," the other replied. His footstep crunched in the dead leaves of early spring, making his way towards me.