Chapter 9 pt.2

Leah

The screaming had stopped an hour later. 

Kane never came back for me. None of them came back.

I was too afraid to venture out on my own, and if I happened to stumble upon the man who was screaming, I don't know what I would've done.  

Scratch that, I did know. I would have helped him. It didn't matter what he did, or who he was, I would have helped him escape and try to get myself out with him. 

The door opened slowly and a head of shiny blonde hair came through. She scowled at me when our eyes met.

"I thought I'd find you here. I could smell you for miles," Katherine hissed, stepping into the room and locking the door behind her.

I stood, jumping to my feet in seconds. I was in attack mode, ready to pounce on her if she tried to hurt me again.

"Why do you keep getting in the way?" she asked with a grin. "You keep getting in his head, you know. He thinks about you a lot."

I couldn't tell if she was lying or not. Her heartbeat was steady and she didn't stumble or hesitating on her words. The only thing she did was tighten her fists, and I think that was because she was angry. 

"Like?" I challenged. 

She smirked evilly. "Like how to get rid of you. He wants this bond gone as much as you do."

Her words sunk extremely deep within my chest. An invisible knife was just stabbed through my heart and was now twisting.

"Want to know what else?"

I stayed silent, fearing if I opened my mouth nothing but snarls would come out.

"How much he loves me. He can barely keep his hands off of me at night. His beast is wild-"

"Stop it!" I yelled, holding my ears shut again. 

Her hand clamped down on my wrist and pride my hand away. "He can't stop fucking me. Only me!"

A low rumble forms in my throat and I start snapping. She backed up, but not before I nicked her on the side of her face with my teeth. Her blood was fowl.

She called out to the guards as she held her cheek. She wasn't even bleeding. 

They came running in, four of them with long poles. Two were spears and the others had circular ropes. They surrounded me, blocking any form of escape.

The only thing I could do was surrender. 

With one last growl at Katherine, I raised my hands and peered around me. "I'll go, I'll go. Just don't tie up my neck." I said the last part while staring at the roped poles. 

They all huffed and lowered their weapons. Then, the one to my right seized my elbow, the one on my left taking my upper arm, and the took me back toward the staircase.

Instead of going up, they turned left and I found myself staring at another cell, this one cleaner with a bench to sit on. 

The other guard that followed us unlocked the gate and held it open. They pushed me in and locked the cell behind me. 

"Thanks, guys," I said sarcastically. "Could you tell Kane I'm down here."

"It's alpha to you, little girl!" Katherine snarled, gripping the bars with her long fingers. 

I didn't bother doing the same, my anger now a thing of the past. I was more annoyed now, feeling the sudden effects of deja vu.  

"And he won't know you're down here," a guard chipped in. Katherine beamed over her shoulder, and his posture straightened.